Bath Spa traffic debate

Pete Owens

Re: Bath Spa traffic debate

Post by Pete Owens »

And it looks as if they have wimped out and exempted cars from the clean air zone:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-47454884
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Shame. But of course it didn't prevent dirtier cars entering Bath anyway, just required them to pay.
A £100 charge is also to be levied at commercial vehicles entering the charge area within 5m (8km) of the World Heritage Site centre.

That's beyond Bath, let alone the central "clean air" zone. Odd. Haven't found anything to this effect on the "Bath breathes" site so could be a mistake by BBC?

The extra traffic lights on Queen Square will be a pain as well, another uphill start! I wonder why they're needed? It says "to be compliant with the government's directive" but in what way?
9494arnold

Post by 9494arnold »

Not sure if this is relevant, but I know there has been talk of a Tramway being put on the Bath /Bristol Cycle/Footpath (which used to be a rail line before Beeching ) which hasn't gone down that well as far as I can tell . I only come that way once a year for an Organised Ride for Thanet Bikes (Bristol Built) and we do use the Cycleway .
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

I haven't heard of plans for a tramway but there is unspecific talk of another guided busway route using part of the BBRP.
9494arnold

Post by 9494arnold »

That might be what I am thinking of. !