Cyclist 50% to blame for hitting pedestrian

mattheus

Re: Cyclist 50% to blame for hitting pedestrian

Postby mattheus » 8 Jul 2019, 6:16pm

Bonefishblues wrote:Who should act as the arbiter of good taste to ensure content is sufficiently highbrow, I wonder?

I've no idea. Who mentioned good taste?

I'm just talking about inciting violence and stoking up general ill-feeling that is already far too prevalent. Do you think that's a good thing?

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 8 Jul 2019, 6:28pm

mattheus wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Who should act as the arbiter of good taste to ensure content is sufficiently highbrow, I wonder?

I've no idea. Who mentioned good taste?

I'm just talking about inciting violence and stoking up general ill-feeling that is already far too prevalent. Do you think that's a good thing?

That's what I took from your post. Incitement to violence is a crime, surely?

'Stoking up general ill-feeling? I'd certainly disapprove. I might tut, too, but that's some way short of meriting enforced moderation.

mattheus

Postby mattheus » 9 Jul 2019, 9:01am

Bonefishblues wrote:
mattheus wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:...
Incitement to violence is a crime, surely?

'Stoking up general ill-feeling? I'd certainly disapprove. I might tut, too, but that's some way short of meriting enforced moderation.

You MIGHT tut?

Gosh, that's quite a reaction. Let us know when you actually tut at something - I can't wait to see what gets you that riled up.

MEANWHILE - I hadn't realised we were discussing this same programme on 2 threads! here is the extensive discussion already in full swing:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=131143&start=75#p1372647

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 9 Jul 2019, 9:26am

mattheus wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
mattheus wrote:

You MIGHT tut?

Gosh, that's quite a reaction. Let us know when you actually tut at something - I can't wait to see what gets you that riled up.

MEANWHILE - I hadn't realised we were discussing this same programme on 2 threads! here is the extensive discussion already in full swing:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=131143&start=75#p1372647

I try not to peak too early. "General ill-feeling" is not top of my list to have a coronary over tbh.

PH

Postby PH » 9 Jul 2019, 1:26pm

fastpedaller wrote:Have you read the Guardian article? From what the journalist says, he's fearful of going out on his bike after the programme is aired?

That journalist is Peter Walker with plenty of cycling experience and author of the excellent "Bike Nation" I don't need to watch the program to trust his conclusions.