Cycle shelter/shed

Kay

Cycle shelter/shed

Postby Kay » 8 Oct 2005, 4:13pm

As the government is so keen on getting us on our bikes or using public transport then why is it not compulsory that places of work have storage for cycles?
I cycle to work and I enjoy it (apart from the continuous dodging away from motorists that seem hell bent to hit a moving target!) but I am the only one that does so and no facility has been made for the cyclist. I have been trying to get a cycle shelter/shed for several months but appear to be banging my head against a brick wall.

gar

Re:Cycle shelter/shed

Postby gar » 8 Oct 2005, 8:10pm

cos there are good railings.

Andy Tallis

Postby Andy Tallis » 8 Oct 2005, 10:00pm

Railings don't keep the rain off. 8hrs a day while in work is equivalent to about 500 miles a week (at my pace) of weather exposure for your pride and joy. I had a hell of a job trying to arrange storage for my bike at university in advance. They even tried putting me in a hall £250 a year more with worse facilities because it was the only one with bike sheds. I eventually got unofficial consent for it to go in my room. On arrival my hall did have a bikestore, though not ideal. They didn't even know!! All the while they charge only £10 a year for a car parking permit!!!!!!!!!

gar

Postby gar » 9 Oct 2005, 6:52pm

I would not have waited for unofficial consent for my personal belongings