TfL guide to economic benefits of cycling

mjr

TfL guide to economic benefits of cycling

Post by mjr »

https://www.cyclinguk.org/blog/how-inve ... akes-money

"investing in walking and cycling just makes economic sense, and offers fantastic returns on investment. We need to shout this from the rooftops.

Much of the information in TfL’s report isn’t new, and can be found in policy briefings like our own, Cycling and the Economy. In TfL's report they've focused on key facts, statistics and infographics to highlight why spending on active travel makes such financial sense."
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mattheus

Re: TfL guide to economic benefits of cycling

Post by mattheus »

Yes, but will it make my drive to work any quicker? Hmmm!?
Cugel

Re: TfL guide to economic benefits of cycling

Post by Cugel »

mattheus wrote:Yes, but will it make my drive to work any quicker? Hmmm!?

And if vroomers can no longer vroom so easily - must walk or cycle at "low" speeds, even - what other aggressive mode will they employ to work out their many angsts? If one cannot mutter, explete or even rant at those "in my way" whilst stomping on an accelerator pedal, there may be consequences for the levels of domestic violence, pub-fighting or even bloodsports!

Of course, many will become Strava strivers, perhaps of the kind found running over children, dogs and the slower grannies on not-so-shared paths. Others may take up goose-stepping as a fine way to walk to work whilst thrusting aside the ordinary shamblers, perhaps with a bully-bark rather than a Toad-poop.

Perhaps there will be a need for a general issue of calm-down drug, put in the water supply or even the MacFud?

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes