Is 'ethical cycling' also a protected belief?

pete75

Re: Is 'ethical cycling' also a protected belief?

Post by pete75 »

jgurney wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:The service in York Minster allies cycling to conventional religion

Which service?

Presumably the one which used to take place on the Sunday of York Rally each year.
(I do miss the Grand Parade back to the Racecourse after the service).

I know about that but the apposite words are used to. Just wondered if there was another.

York Rally usually has a service at Naburn church now.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

Pagans generally worship Mother Earth and therefore are, or should be doing nothing in their lives to harm her. Paganism is a recognised religion, some people mistake the word to mean either worshipping the devil, or to be against all religion. Even though Paganism can trace it's roots back to the beginning of time. Therefore a Pagan who cycles could arguably claim the same protections as a Muslim who eats Halal meat. You don't have to eat meat, nor cycle, but eating meat is a recognised part of a healthy diet, and cycling is an effective means of transport that ticks various boxes for Pagans such as being connected to nature, not polluting, modest use of resources, healthy exercise, positive mental wellbeing, and a few more.

I haven't noticed the "No Pedestrians" sign at my nearest tip. I would wonder how they would react if I cycled up pulling one of my heavy duty trailers and 6 sacks of building rubble ( the permitted limit for all service users per day) I pay council tax like most of us here, and that tax pays for the council tip. (I'm feeling a sense of deja vu) As a cyclist I can't claim a council tax reduction can I. Therefore if I'm prohibited by a council rule cycling to the tip, and if it's an offence against the environment act to transfer waste out on the highway except by the correct means, then the only option that doesn't cause me extra expense is for the council to come and collect my 6 bags of Barney Rubble. Which is a much greater cost to them, so they'll not do that.
Therefore it is about time that Cycling UK started using our fees for some serious kick pass law shooting. It's only due to councils adopting an over abundance of caution that cyclists and pedestrians are typically banned at tips. Even though some car drivers are so hopeless that they should be banned too. Tips should be designed so they are intrinsically safe for all. Wide enough lanes. Gentle slopes. Slip resistant footpaths.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

pete75 wrote:
jgurney wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Which service?

Presumably the one which used to take place on the Sunday of York Rally each year.
(I do miss the Grand Parade back to the Racecourse after the service).

I know about that but the apposite words are used to. Just wondered if there was another.

York Rally usually has a service at Naburn church now.

Castle Combe.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

fullupandslowingdown wrote:........Therefore it is about time that Cycling UK started using our fees for some serious kick pass law shooting.......

Dream on,CUK(or whatever they call themselves these days)is a toothless poodle that will loose it's charitable status* from government if it makes too many loud and unfavourable noises.

*Laughable in itself it shood never haspve been given such status as it's not a charity.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden