Apology to all Cyclists

gar

Apology to all Cyclists

Postby gar » 14 Oct 2005, 7:08pm

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/4330950.stm

Without wishing to intrude on the grief of a fellow cyclist's family perhaps Mr Cottrell of the White Hart Cadnam would like to make a charitable cycling donation.

He was found not guilty of manslaughter so there is no Criminal injuries compensation for the family. I rather doubt that CIC would be paid for Perverting the course of justice, if that is not just a news story. I am quite certain that it would not.

How much can Mr. Cottrell of Old Romsey road Cadnam afford? An hour? A life? A game of Bowls?

crs1953

Re:Apology to all Cyclists

Postby crs1953 » 14 Oct 2005, 11:42pm

So, he was found 'not guilty' of manslaughter ???? !!!!!

The prosecution told jurors that Mr Morris may have survived had Mr Cottrell stopped and dialled 999.

Based on the above revelation made in court, the jury should have returned a resounding "GUILTY" verdict !! Driving off and leaving that man in the road makes Cottrell a TOTALLY DESPICABLE apology for a human being

gar

Postby gar » 15 Oct 2005, 8:00am

I wonder if the late John Morris's family had any comment to make after this verdict?

Was there an out of court settlement? A 4* publican
(72 years old and former aircraftman)
would be able to afford £100k for his freedom, and lesser charges.

Otherwise a not guilty verdict means NO Criminal injuries compensation to the family.

Have a bit of charity Peter Cottrell! Go on!

belgiangoth

Postby belgiangoth » 20 Oct 2005, 2:16pm

I would like to see the CTC look to set up a "prosecute drivers" fund, for cases like these. It's a charity I would happily donate to.

gar

Postby gar » 20 Oct 2005, 7:07pm

I agree with that.
Read the "vexed question of wing mirrors" thread for my latest gossip appraisal, of the charges brought.

gar

Postby gar » 31 Oct 2005, 4:05pm

The prosecution told jurors that Mr Morris may have survived had Mr Cottrell stopped and dialled 999.

Local knowledge on the ohter thread seems to be locked at the moment but according to that local
knowledge Mr Cottrell's trial for perjury comes up this week.

Until I hear the sentence (he has pleade guilty)
I shan't be convinced of anything.

One motor cyclist who dropped his girl friend from his motorbike and then went past twice pretending to be a concerned onlooker..... got
SEVEN YEARS last week.

Could the judge have been convinced it was deliberate in that case and not in this one just beause one was on a motorbike and the other in a car??

gar

Postby gar » 2 Nov 2005, 11:24am

Could the judge have been convinced it was deliberate in that case and not in this one just beause one was on a motorbike and the other in a car??

How could th judge be sure in the one case and not sure in the other?

The motorcyclist at least went past twice and stopped to look with concern.

Mr Cottrell even attempted to cover up the crime!