Cycleclips: Does the camera lie?

soapbox

Cycleclips: Does the camera lie?

Post by soapbox »

The April/May issue of 'Cycle', promoting cycling together, is, I'm sure, just a result of unfortunate timing with print deadlines, but today's emailed 'Cycleclips' contains an article about how CyclingUK have complained about being misrepresented in the press with photographs seemingly showing cyclists riding in groups.
Surely we need to be apologising for promoting riding in groups right now, rather than going on the offensive.
People who live in glasshouses and all that?
Last edited by soapbox on 10 Apr 2020, 3:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
tatanab

Re: Cycleclips: Does the camera lie?

Post by tatanab »

Acknowledging print dates. I think we are ok because Cycle is a limited circulation "club" magazine which the general public is extremely unlikely to see, versus mas circulation newspapers etc.
Cugel

Re: Cycleclips: Does the camera lie?

Post by Cugel »

soapbox wrote:The April/May issue of 'Cycle', promoting cycling together, is, I'm sure, just a result of unfortunate timing with print deadlines, but today's emailed 'Cycleclips' contains an article about how CyclingUK have complained about being misrepresented in the press with photographs seemingly showing cyclists riding in groups.
Surely we need to be apologising for promoting riding in groups right now, rather than going on the offensice.
People who live in glasshouses and all that?

Don't be silly.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes