Incitement to murder

chris_suffolk

Re: Incitement to murder

Post by chris_suffolk »

mikeymo wrote:The Cummings issue wasn't ignored. He gave a long statement to the press in the garden at Downing Street and answered questions. The Durham police also issued a statement, saying that if an officer had encountered Dominic Cummings on his trip out to Barnard Castle he would have told him to go home and taken no more action. The issue wasn't ignored. It was dealt with. It might not have been dealt with in the way you wanted, but you aren't in a position to sack civil servants (at least, as far as I know).

Ok, so the specific issue was dealt with - though I would still suggest it was done for political reasons - but there are still unresolved issues that resulted from it, where trust / respect in the Govt has been lost with large numbers of the population, and we (perhaps some would argue directly as a consequence of the dither and inability to act decisively) are now staring down the barrel of a second wave. The two may not be related, but many would link them.
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

chris_suffolk wrote:
mikeymo wrote:The Cummings issue wasn't ignored. He gave a long statement to the press in the garden at Downing Street and answered questions. The Durham police also issued a statement, saying that if an officer had encountered Dominic Cummings on his trip out to Barnard Castle he would have told him to go home and taken no more action. The issue wasn't ignored. It was dealt with. It might not have been dealt with in the way you wanted, but you aren't in a position to sack civil servants (at least, as far as I know).

The two may not be related, but many would link them.

Yes, they aren't related, I'm glad you agree.

Yes, "many" might link them. If people want to make idiotic associations that's up to them.

I didn't think any worse or any better of Dominic Cummings because of his very minor infringement of government guidelines. I read a fair bit of his blog, before the Barnard Castle "scandal", and some of it is worth reading. My wife, who isn't at all interested in Dominic Cummings, did watch the Rose Garden press conference with me and said "he seems like a nice bloke, intelligent, speaks well". She's never voted Conservative, and neither have I. I don't think either of us have ever come anywhere near voting Conservative, or ever will.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

I've had no joy with my complaint (re Mr Liddle) to Police, just continual replies stating they can't find a report (despite several reference numbers stating 'if you want an update quote this reference''. Today I sent the email below to try and get some response (cue the Police arriving at my door)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you please give an update on this? – It appears that nobody has CONFIRMED (mere assumptions being made) that no crime has been committed. I have been given several reference numbers which I have been told will give me an update, but none of them are traceable/useable to yourselves. I re-iterate that your online submission system make it very difficult for a hate crime such as this to be reported, as it (the reporting system) appears to be geared towards physical / historic events, being based on ‘date of crime’ and ‘place of crime’ criteria. Perhaps looking at the link provided could galvanise some action? (people have already been hurt -perhaps as a result of the idiot journalist’s words of encouragement?). Unfortunately I find your ‘customer interaction’ appears to be one of dismissal (by ignoring the matter) rather than one of explanation of facts. If this hate had been directed towards BAME people it would be all over the news and action would be taken (and that would be correct). Perhaps there will come a time when cyclists take direct action against Mr Liddle and other reporters who take weekly delight in targeting cyclists as fodder to be ‘driven off the roads’, ‘knocked down if they get in my way again’ and other such. Finally, can you enlighten me as to whether there would be any action taken if someone posted ‘advice’ on the internet saying that journalists should be strangled with their camera straps?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if I'll get a response?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Plus One for trying, dunno if you shall achieve anything

Could one fight back with harmless humour, maybe suggesting damaging the tyres of the 'journalist's'* motor vehicle?

* Journalism is an honourable calling, IMHO
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Plus One for trying, dunno if you shall achieve anything

Could one fight back with harmless humour, maybe suggesting damaging the tyres of the 'journalist's'* motor vehicle?

* Journalism is an honourable calling, IMHO

isn't strangling them with their camera straps enough :lol:
mjr

Post by mjr »

Would a good principle be that, in general, if it has a body count, it isn't a "joke", unless no-one sane would think you were serious?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

It's now just shy of 4 weeks since I sent my last note to MET Police, so despite their 'auto message' saying they will reply. I have received nothing. Just about what I expected.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

The Met Police ignored my complaint about the Journalist, and (maybe as a consequence?) we have this:-
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/inve ... -1-6878039

I understand the Police have no leads on the case, but the Met did on the Journalist and really should have taken action
toontra

Post by toontra »

In my personal experience, the Met don't give a damn about crimes against cyclists. You only get justice if you have enough evidence to bring a private prosecution.
Malky 1422

Post by Malky 1422 »

Its Evident to me that journalists are running this country now. One only has to look at all the narrative we all have to agree with or you are Cancelled....what a load of crap. The countries had it. America is the same love or loath old Trumpy He is right when it comes to the media mob.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

What does "Cancelled" mean, please?

Thanks

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Chopwell Wood traps could kill someone, mountain biker warns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-57279874

Sniveller Parris has a lot to answer for.