Incitement to murder

reohn2

Re: Incitement to murder

Post by reohn2 »

Now if anyone had posted about garotting motorcyclists,Muslims,people of colour or any other minority group in a news article/blog/twittee feed,etc all hell would've broke loose on them,but as it is in the twisted society we live in cyclists appear to be fair game.
How such crap glibly spouted about cyclists by journos and celebs in the media tells you how low our society has sunk,cyclist hate crime has been on the go for many a year
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Right again r2, but I think everyone belongs to a minority, often more than one
Think of Rees-Mogg, a rich member of the upper-class, that is a tiny minority
One wonders what he is up to now :?

Females are actually more than half the population, but they are disadvantaged
How may one boycott the celebrity chef? (never heard of him before)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Reddington

Post by Reddington »

I would take the apology with a pinch of salt.His advisers or the TV producers will have told him he needed to do it to save face.
That's not a true apology in my book!
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Having heard nothing from the Met Police regarding my online report 1st June, I've today requested an update.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Reddington wrote:Didn't "celebrity" chef James Martin infer something similar a couple of years ago?Not garotting but something about knocking cyclists off?
No wonder we have idiots hurting cyclists.

"He was a bit of a Celebrity Petrol Head"

Part of a review for a Tesla:

So far, so predictable. But in a review of the Tesla electric car this Sunday, he went further, gleefully describing how he had utilised the speedy and silent approach of his test vehicle to sneak up on a pack of weekend cyclists, honk his horn and drive them off the road. "The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror," he wrote.

A few emails and IIRC the Tesla was collected promptly., and his access curtailed
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

NUKe wrote:We had a similar issue with Matthew Parris a while back, when he posted what wears Lycra and deserves to be garrotted. It was a rant about hedges being full of bottles which he blamed on cyclists. I complained to the press commission, who did nothing except to say that there was no case to answer, the editor of the times sent me a letter saying Matthew was only joking and didn’t really mean it. I have not bought the times since.

For some reason Matthew Parris's bantz - which IIRC included a similar suggestion about stretching wire across paths - seemed to generate a lot more protest than this flabby irk and he apologised in the Times where the original garbage had been published. The rather porky looking nerdy woman who had a column each Saturday aping the Grauniad's readers editor spoiled the apology by suggesting it was all manufactured by cyclists to get at poor Matthew (my words.) Parris has not been slow in other circumstances to criticise defending hate speech as humour.

There is a thread somewhere on here about wire being hung across a path.

I don't suppose Rupert aka the Dirty Digger could care less but I stopped buying the Times as well, although it had by then gone right down hill so this was just the motivation I needed.

(A fall from the normal standards I try to maintain here but it's the lowest form of wit. I anticipate that the moderators here are more active than the toothless watchdoggy moderating the likes of Parris and Liddle.)
chris_suffolk

Post by chris_suffolk »

I complained to the Sunday Times, and depsite chasing I've heard nothing.

Anybody else had better luck? How do I take it forward, given that they seem to have no intention to reply?
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

fastpedaller wrote:Having heard nothing from the Met Police regarding my online report 1st June, I've today requested an update.

My follow up received a response yesterday - They didn't receive the original report I made on 1st June. I've now sent details and a link to them, we'll see what happens. I too received no response to my complaint made to Sunday Times.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

‘Piano wire’ article not intended to be taken seriously, says national newspaper
The Sunday Times has apologised for publishing an article described by Cycling UK as 'inflammatory' and 'in seriously poor taste'.

https://www.cyclinguk.org/news/piano-wire-article-not-intended-be-taken-seriously-says-national-newspaper

Jonathan
chris_suffolk

Post by chris_suffolk »

Still not had a response to my complaint about it. Another couple of days and then the Press Complaints Authority gets an e-mail
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

I have requested from Met Pol an update on 2 occasions, on each they have given a new 'reference number' to use in the title if I 'require an update' and don't seem to be able to trace either. Good job I'm not holding my breath. :( I've given them all numbers, and all my details and have just sent the link to the CyclingUK copy of the article - If they can't go forward from there I think I'll be forced to give up, (or maybe they'll come and arrest me)
chris_suffolk

Post by chris_suffolk »

fastpedaller wrote:I have requested from Met Pol an update on 2 occasions, on each they have given a new 'reference number' to use in the title if I 'require an update' and don't seem to be able to trace either. Good job I'm not holding my breath. :( I've given them all numbers, and all my details and have just sent the link to the CyclingUK copy of the article - If they can't go forward from there I think I'll be forced to give up, (or maybe they'll come and arrest me)

I've raised two complaints with the Sunday Times, referencing the first in the second, and have heard nothing. Forwarded to press complaints with details, and, as yet, waiting to hear if they will respond or not.

Seems that the current fashion is to just ignore what you don't likre, and eventually it fades. Cummings comes to mind, or Russian reports, or Covid testing, or or or...... we could start a thread here - add your item and see how long it gets without repeats.
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

chris_suffolk wrote:Seems that the current fashion is to just ignore what you don't likre, and eventually it fades. Cummings comes to mind

The Cummings issue wasn't ignored. He gave a long statement to the press in the garden at Downing Street and answered questions. The Durham police also issued a statement, saying that if an officer had encountered Dominic Cummings on his trip out to Barnard Castle he would have told him to go home and taken no more action. The issue wasn't ignored. It was dealt with. It might not have been dealt with in the way you wanted, but you aren't in a position to sack civil servants (at least, as far as I know).