Less policing ‘causing rise in road deaths in England and Wales’

Jdsk

Re: Less policing ‘causing rise in road deaths in England and Wales’

Postby Jdsk » 19 Jul 2020, 11:15am

thirdcrank wrote:I'm not commenting on the value of these uses of cameras just pointing out that they are seen by petrolheads as controversial.

You bet. And exactly the same types of argument are used as in discussions in these forums about other issues such as helmets and seat belts. In both cases we'd all be better served by sticking to evidence-based approaches.

Jonathan

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 19 Jul 2020, 12:02pm

One of my points is that any evidence in this report is weak and self-serving.

Otherwise, the sponsors of the report could have saved big money reading this forum - especially my stuff (pace Mandy Rice Davies)

There's comment about the disproportionately high representation of HGVs in the casualty stats and the assumption that this is caused by a lack of experience among police. Well I never. Somewhere in my back catalogue of reminiscences, there's a comment about a superintendent in road traffic keeping his HGV driver's licence up-to-date. Now they don't have superintendents, with or without HGV qualifications. See also my exchanges with hexhome on the topic.

Cyril Haearn

Postby Cyril Haearn » 19 Jul 2020, 3:45pm

No need for complicated procedures and evidence
Just put a Constable by every stop sign, she should have plenty to do issuing points for inability to read
Entertainer, intellectual, idealist, PoB, 60097
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies