Thought for the Day

lbomaak2

Thought for the Day

Post by lbomaak2 »

Lucy Winkett on inequality, pilgrimages and the spiritual benefits of cycling. At 1:48: 15 on https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000l8q4
simonineaston

Re: Thought for the Day

Post by simonineaston »

I'm a regular listener to R4's Today prog.. I nearly always give TFTD a swerve, although I do tend to give anyone who isn't crusty, fusty old-school a go sometimes! I like the buddhists the humanists & the jolly sikh fellow the best. However, I just listened to this morning's speaker and very good she was too! Thanks for the tip, ibomaark2 :-) Who knew that we cyclists have our very own insider - verily, a short-cut to the ear of god ;-)
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Thanks for reminding me - yes, I have very similar thoughts(!) about TFTD but like the contributors mentioned above and really appreciated Lucy Winkett's Thought. (However there are no humanists (or atheists) on TFTD yet).
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

However there are no humanists (or atheists) on TFTD yet.
which is odd, 'cos I wouldn't have thought that divine intervention is required, simply to have a thought worth sharing...
I suppose tho' the issue centres around the simple fact that TFTD is defined as being the religious slot of the Today programme, and of course humanists & atheists would necessarily struggle to be able to declare themselves religious - caring, perhaps - or indeed thoughtful, but not religious.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)