New Campaign - Carterton to Witney Cycleway

Tulland

New Campaign - Carterton to Witney Cycleway

Postby Tulland » 9 Sep 2020, 9:41pm

Hi All,
This is new campaign for a cycleway from Carterton to Witney in West Oxfordshire.
Sick of having no options on safe roads to go to our nearest decent sized town?
Well I’m starting a campaign to get a dedicated cycleway built.
Just starting out so need as much advice as I can get.
We have a strong case, and the time is right.
If you’re in the locality please get in touch.
Thanks,
Andrew Tull

Richard Fairhurst

Re: New Campaign - Carterton to Witney Cycleway

Postby Richard Fairhurst » 10 Sep 2020, 12:47am

Excellent!

Have you talked to the Windrush Bike Project in Witney? They're very keen on the idea too, and in fact I've heard from someone else in the area who's been working on it too. If you drop me a line I can pass on their contact details.
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides

Tulland

Re: New Campaign - Carterton to Witney Cycleway

Postby Tulland » 10 Sep 2020, 1:13pm

Richard Fairhurst wrote:Excellent!

Have you talked to the Windrush Bike Project in Witney? They're very keen on the idea too, and in fact I've heard from someone else in the area who's been working on it too. If you drop me a line I can pass on their contact details.

Hi Richard,
Thank you! No didn’t know, but I want to chat with them, sounds like there is already a bit of interest in connecting our towns safely for cyclists. I was speaking to Chris Todd (Transport Action Network) this morning about it and he gave some really helpful tips. Willing to share with Windrush Bike Project, and to see what their proposals are, so we can align our approach.
If you send your email address to my mobile on my original post I will reply. This is very exciting.
Thanks again for replying,
Andrew