I feel safer

Ugly

I feel safer

Post by Ugly »

I feel so much safer riding through my village, the council in its wisdom have painted large white bicycles on the road. I can't help but think the money would have better spent in filling some of the potholes.
simonineaston

Re: I feel safer

Post by simonineaston »

I hope they had the decency to sign-post the potholes by painting the bicycle wheels around them...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Pete Owens

Post by Pete Owens »

Since the road is overwhelmingly the safest place to ride, then that is the most appropriate place to put cycle symbols if cyclist safety is your objective.

Sadly, most councils prioritise the movement of motor vehicles above the safety of cyclists so tend to put cycle symbols in dangerous places (in the gutter or off the carriageway altogether - anywhere out of the way of the all important motors).
mjr

Post by mjr »

Sounds almost useless but I think I read even the big premade thermoplastic bike symbols are £45 each. They probably used cheaper ones so it wouldn't fill many potholes which cost an average of £55each to fix.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
hamster

Post by hamster »

Keep using the https://www.fillthathole.org.uk/ website to report.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

It's a small nudge to drivers' awareness and mentality.