Free bikes - Hampshire

David9694

Free bikes - Hampshire

Post by David9694 »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/727188667773338

Based in Eastleigh, this guy is amazing.

One thing I take, sadly, from his Facebook timeline is “no good deed goes unpunished” - he’s home-based and had an issue with his housing association (sorted) and it sounds like if you’re giving stuff away, there’s always someone trying to take advantage, either by selling a bike they’ve had gratis or just expecting him to run around after them. well done Muc Off for giving him some free stuff.

I’ve given a couple of bikes to Hope2cycle that I’ve amalgamated, and some 531 frames that I hope may put an unexpected spring in someone’s ride. A few times, I’ve seen four lads cycling around my village, but they seem only to have two bikes between them - well, we’ve all done it - mechanically, but I know it’s more complex than that, I’ve got the means to solve that problem.
Spa Audax Ti Ultegra; Genesis Equilibrium 853; Raleigh Record Ace 1983; “Raleigh Competition”, “Raleigh Gran Sport 1982”; “Allegro Special”, Bob Jackson tourer, Ridley alu step-through with Swytch front wheel; gravel bike from an MB Dronfield 531 frame.
ClappedOut

Re: Free bikes - Hampshire

Post by ClappedOut »

A worthy cause, :D