Welcome road signs

Post by Oldjohnw »

In rural Northumberland today.
IMG_20210601_131528710_HDR.jpg
John
xerxes

Re: Welcome road signs

Post by xerxes »

Nice one. Could do with being a foot further up the pole, as the vegetation is already beginning to obscure it!
peterb

Post by peterb »

Not sure who put those up, but there was a time trial using a section of that road last Saturday, so maybe it was the organisers.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

peterb wrote: 1 Jun 2021, 3:29pm Not sure who put those up, but there was a time trial using a section of that road last Saturday, so maybe it was the organisers.
That seems to be extraordinarily well-spotted. Unless I'm missing something embarrassingly obvious, I can't see anything to identify the location.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

If you know the road....

The cyclist is also not a particularly generic picture.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
peterb

Post by peterb »

thirdcrank wrote: 1 Jun 2021, 3:50pm
peterb wrote: 1 Jun 2021, 3:29pm Not sure who put those up, but there was a time trial using a section of that road last Saturday, so maybe it was the organisers.
That seems to be extraordinarily well-spotted. Unless I'm missing something embarrassingly obvious, I can't see anything to identify the location.
Just after Denwick on the Alnwick to Christon Bank road. Local knowledge :)
Mr.Benton

Post by Mr.Benton »

Is the "Please slow down and pass safely" aimed at the car drivers or the time trialists ? :)
peterb

Post by peterb »

peterb wrote: 1 Jun 2021, 4:44pm
Not sure it's the one in that location after all - it maybe the other one on the road as you head south towards Alnwick, Or are there more ...... where was it Oldjohnw?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

peterb wrote: 1 Jun 2021, 4:44pm
It wasn’t. It was just outside Ancroft on the Lowick to Berwick road. Some smart Alec had also turned the direction sign round.
John
peterb

Post by peterb »

- maybe being put up by the council. I've only seen the ones on the B1340 so far. I realised I didn't recognize the road in your photo. Good!
colin54

Post by colin54 »

There are a lot of these yellow paper signs dotted about W. Lancashire, stuck onto lamposts etc. You see the occasional one vandalised by being sprayed over or scraped off, slightly disturbing.
P1130480.JPG
I like the space for cycling one posted by oldjohnw, there are similar ones relating to horse riders displayed around here.
Nu-Fogey