Who should be a Lorry Driver?

pete75

Re: Who should be a Lorry Driver?

Post by pete75 »

Bonefishblues wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 8:31pm
pete75 wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 6:55pm
Bonefishblues wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 3:51pm Give it to Hermes et al - now that's a sector which was something of an unsung hero over the last 18 months or so.
Oh yeah a company that treats staff like this is really heroic.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... union-says

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -lose-work

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/wes ... s-20257131
You will note I said that 'the sector' was an unsung hero :)
Yep - well much of the rest of 'the sector' treats it's staff as badly as does Hermes. I used Hermes as an example because it's the one you mentioned by name.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

pete75 wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 8:41pm
Yep - well much of the rest of 'the sector' treats it's staff as badly as does Hermes. I used Hermes as an example because it's the one you mentioned by name.
OK. Not heroes, [rude word removed] the lot of 'em. I assume you don't use home delivery and thereby support such an exploitative business model.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Bonefishblues wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 8:47pm

OK. Not heroes, [rude word removed] the lot of 'em. I assume you don't use home delivery and thereby support such an exploitative business model.
Hmmm so I'm wrong and they all treat their staff wonderfully? Please provide examples.
No I don't use those sorts of home delivery companies. I use the Post Office who still treat employees reasonably well - wonderfully well by the standards of Hermes et al.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

pete75 wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 8:52pm
Bonefishblues wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 8:47pm

Hmmm so I'm wrong and they all treat their staff wonderfully? Please provide examples.
No I don't use those sorts of home delivery companies. I use the Post Office who still treat employees reasonably well - wonderfully well by the standards of Hermes et al.
I'm agreeing with you.