TOP GEAR- Sunday- gotta watch this one!

gar

Re:TOP GEAR- Sunday- gotta watch this one!

Postby gar » 4 Dec 2005, 11:51am

www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~noelh/index.htm

Here is an example of what seems to be thoroughly creative thought by a deep thinker.
Tell me what you think!
Cyclists' guide to the galaxy!

gar

Postby gar » 4 Dec 2005, 12:23pm

www.accesscom.com/~lillge/pgc/

Ah! I did have something but did not know how advanced it is, in terms of the Casio Fx!!!

If I copy ands paste any of the expressions on the website into the calculator Java, I get all the waves I could possibly want!!
And it is in the public domain.

Andy Tallis

Postby Andy Tallis » 4 Dec 2005, 6:52pm

"With the internet now there is no need for original thought it's much easier to predate on other peoples creations."

To steal ideas from one person is palgiarism.
To steal ideas from many people is research!

(Yes that is a plagiarised quote and not my own.)

gar

Postby gar » 4 Dec 2005, 8:13pm

[url=http:///wims.unice.fr/wims/wims.cgi?session=VA6CB7C80A.4&+lang=en&+module=home&+search_category=exercise&+search_keywords=java+draws]/wims.unice.fr/wims/wims.cgi?session=VA6CB7C80A.4&+lang=en&+module=home&+search_category=exercise&+search_keywords=java+draws[/url]

Try some of these puzzles. Practice makes perfect!

Ollie

Postby Ollie » 6 Dec 2005, 10:59am

The MTB versus Renault Clio race on Sunday's Top Gear was excellent. Needless to say the bicycle won, but the car was made to look cumbersome and inappropriate for the urban setting in which the race took place. It's refreshing to see cycling filmed in such a dynamic way and there are perhaps lessons to be learned. Top Gear enjoys a global audience of 250 million because it has taken a boring subject and given it an entertaining and imaginative treatment. If only we could do something similar with cycling. Watch the repeat of the programme tonight on BBC2 at 7.30 to see what I mean...

gar

Postby gar » 6 Dec 2005, 3:04pm

If only we could do something similar with cycling.

I agree with that Ollie. Whom can we ask to present and produce a regular weekly programme of all aspects of cycling worldwide?

bovlomov

Postby bovlomov » 6 Dec 2005, 11:49pm

I'm not sure whether we should be worried...

...but cycling has just got a lot of publicity...
IN THE SHAPE OF DAVID CAMERON!

How about Celebrity Death Match between Cameron and Clarkson?

gar

Postby gar » 7 Dec 2005, 8:55am

John Snow ITV4 (which I can't get )
is a keen cyclist round Westminster;
perhaps he would know producers ,directors for a cycling show on the Beeb.

It is certainly underrrepresented on the box, except in national competitive events

gar

Postby gar » 7 Dec 2005, 2:25pm

Bov seems very much like a goth! Death and mayhem!

gar

Postby gar » 7 Dec 2005, 4:27pm

I'll write to one or two people and suggest it.

mel

Postby mel » 7 Dec 2005, 6:41pm

Are the images of David Cameron cycling just publicity shots, suggesting that either he is fitter than T.Blair or he is a conservationist, or is he a genuine cyclist? I notice in one shot he has removed his helmet, thats a good sign, perhaps he is a real cyclist.

gar

Postby gar » 8 Dec 2005, 8:58am

One thing is certain ... he is not an endurance man and won't last the course unless the country on its bicycle lurches into the traffic in a sad way.

It musrt be impossible for the Tories to prevent a government which pretends to be driving on the left
in reality to be in the cycling lane on the other side of the road, but still going in the same direction.

That would be why Cameron was pictured
on a bicycle, the opposite from Jerkson, to exploit sympathy from being squashed by the
Blairite juggernaut.

I wish politicians like Jerk and Cormoran would leave the humble bike out of it.

Ollie

Postby Ollie » 8 Dec 2005, 5:15pm

Are you high on crack?

TJ

Postby TJ » 8 Dec 2005, 6:16pm

I doubt if it's because he has TAKEN something Ollie. It's more likely that he has FORGOTTEN to take something.

Hilldodger

Postby Hilldodger » 10 Dec 2005, 2:36pm

a weekly cycling tv programme will never happen. Production companies are not interested.