Is cycling safe

Simon L5

Re:Is cycling safe

Post by Simon L5 »

Linda

the great increase in the number of cyclists in London is due, in part, to the perceived safety of cycling. Each of us can have a point of view about whether cycling is safe or not, but, for what it's worth, the new generation of Londoners on bikes seem to have complete confidence...
goggy

Post by goggy »

Often we see irate motorists complaining that the police should be catching crininals.Well what about this to take the pressure off that stupid statement.When we are on the road as cyclists ,m/cyclists walking or driving our cars,we all see bad driving ,if its particularly bad we sometimes note the number but thats as far as it gets.I'm suggesting that there could be a department that we could furnish with what we see as bad driving complete with offending number and over time regular bad driving would show up on the statistics these people could then be interviewed and made to go on the course that the police offer as an alternative to a more severe sentence.The bad driver could no longer use his silly argument as now it is us the potential victims calling the tune.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

goggy

About 40 years ago, when I had just got my driving licence and I thought I was the bees knees, there was a letter in one of the 'quality' driving mags (Autocar or the like) from some Colonel Blimp suggesting that expert drivers (such as him presumably) should be issued with a supply of reply paid post cards, which they could use to report bad driving on the lines you suggest.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

T/C you actually read Autocar!!!!!!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Andy cover your eyes son