Do NOT ride at night - health warning

rbrian

Re: Do NOT ride at night - health warning

Post by rbrian »

Crazy has always worked for me. When I was a 60kg 17 year old who shouldn't even have been in a pub, I spilled someone's pint - he could have been a bouncer, or a heavyweight boxer, could quite easily have torn me limb from limb, and would have been well within his rights to demand reparation - but he caught the look in my eye and apologised to me! Ever since then, I have cultivated crazy. That may be why I live alone. :roll:
Cynic? No, an optimist tempered by experience.
crossroads

Post by crossroads »

Those road signs that say "tiredness can kill" always make me worry, when I am in bed at night feeling tired............ :shock:

:lol:
basingstoke123

Post by basingstoke123 »

A couple of the more memorable warnings that I've seen:

On the door of a hotel gym: "do not use if unfit".

And in Mexico a warning sign next to a small cliff (a couple meters high) where you could safely dive into the sea. The sign gave several reasons not to dive in, the final one being 'if you can't swim'.
drsquirrel

Post by drsquirrel »

basingstoke123 wrote:A couple of the more memorable warnings that I've seen:

On the door of a hotel gym: "do not use if unfit".

And in Mexico a warning sign next to a small cliff (a couple meters high) where you could safely dive into the sea. The sign gave several reasons not to dive in, the final one being 'if you can't swim'.

Maybe it meant to read "Do not use if you're not fit" (as in the poor modern slang, fit).

Was the first "If you're a chicken" ?