No job at the Times for this Journo

oldmanpop

No job at the Times for this Journo

Post by oldmanpop »

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... city-roads
Mr Grimes, a Manchester Evening News Journalist with quite an attack on city centre cyclists.
reohn2

Re: No job at the Times for this Journo

Post by reohn2 »

The words nob and head spring to mind
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
David Cox

Post by David Cox »

Roger Geffen demolished him very easily on Radio WM this morning.
John Holiday

Post by John Holiday »

Our problem is that his moronic views coincide with a large chunk of the population!
We still have a lot to do to convince the majority of the sense of our viewpoint!
alanesq

Post by alanesq »

Well, I guess if cars can't use the road without causing danger to other road users - they will have to go ;-)
Fasgadh

Post by Fasgadh »

These morons are a genuine threat and I meet them when ever I have any correspondance with English media. They are a menace because it reinforces the idiot's views that we are in someway second class (a promotion). Keep shouting bikes are bad and cyclists a menace and the idea of behaving responsibly on the roads is undercut.

He may be a boring wee troll like that cynical git in Wolverhampton, but they are preaching a subliminal message that it is OK if we get hurt - we deserve it.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

John Holiday wrote:Our problem is that his moronic views coincide with a large chunk of the population!
We still have a lot to do to convince the majority of the sense of our viewpoint!

I wouldn't go as far as to say that,its a small minority,though the problem IMO the law is doing nothing to discourage them from that viewpoint and as such they believe it to be the truth :? but then morons are rather hard to get through to.

Edit:- for my appalling grammar,sorry
Last edited by reohn2 on 5 Feb 2012, 6:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
ChrisButch

Post by ChrisButch »

The only point of interest when this sort of thing appears is in the attached comments, if the newspaper site concerned admits them. Only a few years ago you would normally find a majority of those who comment in agreement with the article. Not so nowadays. Both in this case and a few others I've seen recently the comments are overwhelmingly hostile. I find that modestly encouraging.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

He'e right Alan Turing's conviction should be quashed.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker