The vexed question of Wing mirrors

gav

Re:The vexed question of Wing mirrors

Postby gav » 19 Oct 2005, 10:18pm

The installation of extra indicators on the end of the wing mirrors along with motorised and heated wing mirrors not to mention the fact that a lot of wing mirrors automatically fold in when the vehicle is parked makes the whole assembly very expensive to replace if it’s broken. Hopefully that factor would make people more careful with their mirrors.
It occurs to me that if vehicles are fitted with CCTV as a replacement/supplemental system for mirrors then the video feed could be recorded providing additional evidence in the result of a collision.
With the availability of new technology such as SMARTWATER with its unique forensic code maybe a similar technology could be used with cars. If the car is involved in a hit and run then instead of the police finding a scrape of red paint that code be matched as from a Ford they may find a sample that with its unique forensic coding would be matched with a particular vehicle.

gar

Postby gar » 20 Oct 2005, 8:47am

Some fold in do they? Which cars are they? Can they be folded in while driving?

Most interesting digital code from the CCTV!
Very valuable idea indeed gav.

I wonde whether a search for SMARTWATER will reveal any more info.

gar

Postby gar » 20 Oct 2005, 8:51am

Fold in to prevent vandalism in car parks. Very good indeed. AND have an extra flash for cyclists along side! xcellent.

That might be a good saving for Criminal injuries compensation. If the CCTV code had been tampered with then it would be evidence of guilt/involvment with the hit and run. It would be the first thing th driver would want to do, like th odo/speedo on many older cars

Hm!

gar

Postby gar » 20 Oct 2005, 9:06am

You've got three important ideas there.

They take some thinking about.
Smartwater search reveals their engineering answers using ultraviolet luminous technology,
and forensic coding to identify scratch marks.

troywinters

Postby troywinters » 21 Nov 2005, 5:55pm

i wouldnty wanna drive a vehicle without a nearside mirror got to see all around you, especially at junctions