A ride for Brucey....

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Jamesh

Re: A ride for Brucey....

Post by Jamesh »

Anyone been on a ride over the holiday weekend?
Pneumant

Post by Pneumant »

Jamesh wrote: 5 Apr 2021, 10:29pm Right thanks that's fleet moss ticked off south to north X2 as I did it in June too. Looks a fair bit tougher north to south tbh.
The chain started making a clicking sound which I should not have ignored...then it dumped me on the tarmac!
Cheers James
Tbh it is tough in both directions, I once struggled over heading north into the mother of all headwinds. Chain letting go is a bad one, you were lucky there. I won't touch shimano chains as I don't trust their joining pins. I run KMC X10 chains on my 10-speed 105 road bike and they work well.
Jamesh wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 6:17pm Anyone been on a ride over the holiday weekend?
Good Friday for me. A short 53 local miler through the Shropshire lanes on the fixed, out via Montford Bridge, Pentre, Melverley, Llanymynech, Maesbury and back to Shrewsbury. No stops as ride short enough to make it on bonk food (Lidl Walnut cake!) and water. No average speed to quote but usually around the 15mph mark. Saw numerous Buzzards, a couple of Red Kites, a very noisy pair of Oystercatchers and heard Skylarks. Scrambled eggs on toast and tea upon my return home :D
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

My favourite ride good is flapjack but it must have raisins in it.
Christmas cake is good too. Thirdly chocolate for when things really get bad! Usually too late by that point.

I drank 500mls of SIS drink which I think helps alot.

Cheers James
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

What about some Yorkshire tea?
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Prefer coffee tbh.

Paying for tea seems a waste when you can buy proper coffee for not a lot more....

Cheers James