Would left hand cars help cyclist?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Would left hand cars help cyclist?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

crazydave789 wrote:I think the only thing that would help cyclists is to go back 40 years so fewer on the road, hardly any kids, slow acceleration, no stereos, phones, aircon or sound proofing. no school run either we cycled/walked/bus the only time I got dropped off was if I was late or after a trip the doctors/dentist.

driving a car is supposed to me miserable according to an old concorde pilot.

+1?

I started cycling 1973, used the A49, A61, A470 etc to get from A to B, would never do that now
But the statistics show many fewer KSIs now than then :?:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
crazydave789 wrote:I think the only thing that would help cyclists is to go back 40 years so fewer on the road, hardly any kids, slow acceleration, no stereos, phones, aircon or sound proofing. no school run either we cycled/walked/bus the only time I got dropped off was if I was late or after a trip the doctors/dentist.

driving a car is supposed to me miserable according to an old concorde pilot.

+1?

I started cycling 1973, used the A49, A61, A470 etc to get from A to B, would never do that now
But the statistics show many fewer KSIs now than then :?:

better healthcare and cars that aren't slab faced. where I used to live the locals wanted a roundabout, lights or at least a crossing on a bad junction. the council said two people had to die first even though there had been dozens with life changing injuries.

big junctions make me think now especially in birmingham - I'm more likely to get off and take the pedestrian route, red lights seem have become optional since I stopped riding in 2001.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

That enlightened* country new Zealand requires imported vehicles to be converted so the wheel is on the offside :?

* sarcasm alert
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies