A positive thread

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cyril Haearn

Re: A positive thread

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Yippee, winter time, one may sleep an extra hour tonight :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
pwa

Post by pwa »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Yippee, winter time, one may sleep an extra hour tonight :wink:

For many this is the time when that evening commute is suddenly plunged into darkness and you have to make sure your lighting kit is all good.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Yippee, winter time, one may sleep an extra hour tonight :wink:
No.
I'll wake up an hour early!

Instead of getting up at 5 or 6 am, I'll be up at 4 or 5 am.
It'll take me weeks to acclimatise to the new time.

Having crossed the Atlantic and crossed the Indian Ocean and the Southern Ocean, we would change time zones every day or two.
Moving the clocks back, we went from 18:00 to 17:00. Far better for sleep patterns.
Mick F. Cornwall
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

My body seems ready for it the last two mornings I’ve slept in until ten to eight. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be back to waking up at ten to seven. :lol:
Hibernation is beckoning
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The positives of cycling away from the madding crowd,Thursday(with apologies for the blurred photo I took my phone out of my pocket at shot without wiping the lense :? ):-
20191024_182324.jpg

Darwen Moor

20191024_182146.jpg

The Goit

Click on the pics for a larger image
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

^ Love that image of Darwen Moor. Beautiful, mysterious.
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

deliquium wrote:^ Love that image of Darwen Moor. Beautiful, mysterious.

TBH the more I look at it the more I like it,it's almost a watercolour :)

BTW,it wasn't all beauty and mystery,those clouds were heading my way and were laden,I got wet but was dry again within an hour

PS,here's another one in the same place with the bike in shot but the horizon's a bit skewed,I blame the photographer :? :-
20191024_144405.jpg
W H Auden
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

An even more enjoyable photo - with the dropped bike to tickle one’s fancy/add to the mystery.

I’ve tried to straighten your horizon, but fear it’s gone too far the other way?

Love it John :D

I won’t/can’t tell you what it reminds me of - when considered in a two dimensional way once minimised and imagined flattened out :!:
Attachments
C6B62D2C-2DD9-4347-A20B-75401684C8AC.jpeg
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Fantastic dry and wind free (rare) cycling weather here in West Lancs the last couple of days, exceptionally clear skies and masses of migratory bird activity to see at Southport.
Picture over the tidal salt marsh and Ribble estuary towards Lytham with Blackpool Tower about 10 miles away in the background, and the pier with train trundling down to the cafe at the end.I not sure what the lump is in the right background, Beacon Fell ?
P1120293.JPG

P1120306.JPG
Nu-Fogey
londonbikerider

Post by londonbikerider »

Bloody windy in London and sore throat, so no cycling here!

On the plus side, two days ago I found the rear light I had lost a few hours earlier :D
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Grandson (3 1/2 years old) got his first library card today, and the librarian helped him to find the shelf with the Hairy MacLary books on it to take home - magic!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Puddle-Jumping the other day, at my age! https://youtu.be/c2luA3nkjZo
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
John1054

Post by John1054 »

rmurphy195 wrote:Puddle-Jumping the other day, at my age! https://youtu.be/c2luA3nkjZo

Brilliant, even the cow shouted approval :D
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

reohn2 wrote:The positives of cycling away from the madding crowd,Thursday(with apologies for the blurred photo I took my phone out of my pocket at shot without wiping the lense :? ):-
20191024_182324.jpg
Darwen Moor

I like it. It's like an impressionist painting; one of their experiments with lighting & contrast.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Vorpal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:The positives of cycling away from the madding crowd,Thursday(with apologies for the blurred photo I took my phone out of my pocket at shot without wiping the lense :? ):-
20191024_182324.jpg
Darwen Moor

I like it. It's like an impressionist painting; one of their experiments with lighting & contrast.

Same place a few days later:-
20191028_124609.jpg

Click on image to enlarge.
W H Auden