incident, worth notifying police

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
jawaka

incident, worth notifying police

Post by jawaka »

two days ago my wife was driving and heard shouting. A cyclist came into view round the corner with a 4x4 aggressively tail- gating behind. as the car overtook the passenger spat out the window at him. The cyclist thought the likely cause is that the road is very narrow and single file under a bridge followed by a long corner so no overtaking practical; add in the fact that it is preceded by a 10% hill. My wife noted the number and spoke to the cyclist who said he was fine, that they were idiots and didn't want to bother following it up. However my wife did contact the police giving the number. When checked the vehicle already had a log of a number of incidents and was due a visit from an officer.
This sort of driver is quite likely to have behaved badly before and is likely to do so again. The more incidents logged against them gives the police justification for following up. So do report all incidents for the good of all other road users. Please
hodge

Re: incident, worth notifying police

Post by hodge »

jawaka wrote: '' When checked the vehicle already had a log of a number of incidents and was due a visit from an officer.
This sort of driver is quite likely to have behaved badly before and is likely to do so again. The more incidents logged against them gives the police justification for following up. So do report all incidents for the good of all other road users. Please. ''

+1, very good point.
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

This one must have counted for more than usual, simply because it was a third party complaint.
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
greyingbeard

Post by greyingbeard »

well done. There are yobbos everywhere, they dont get caught very often let alone dealt with.
I doubt these will get any more than a ticking off and plenty of bragging over the largers later. But its a start. To be "taken into account" by a soppy magistrate later.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Credit for reporting this incident.

I believe that if spit lands on someone and the act of spitting was not accidental, then it is assault.
I should coco.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

Just shows we have to report things, whether we're involved or as a witness. It may be even more important if we are a witness, as DaveP said above -it can make the police more likely to believe you - I hadn't thought of that aspect.