The worst, most disgusting punishment pass!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Tonyf33

The worst, most disgusting punishment pass!

Post by Tonyf33 »

Driver interviewed and no charges brought, what the actual bleep, this is why cycle lanes don't work for me, it's too narrow and means the rider is in the gutter (I'd be outside of the solid line by a fair ways) and gives the bleepity bleep driver a line to aim at so he can get as close as is possible to the cyclist. Disgusting so called human being :twisted:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-23/c ... eo/7538470
Vantage

Re: The worst, most disgusting punishment pass!

Post by Vantage »

I have to wonder if it was indeed a punishment pass or a case of the driver looking elsewhere than the road.
Damn scary though.

The Aussie police stance on it doesn't surprise me though. Cyclists appear to be loathed over there even more than here.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
Si

Post by Si »

Posts removed. No need for name calling just because someone doesn't agree with your view.

By all means put forward a reasoned, calm, friendly argument to demonstrate your case. But insults...no thanks.
profpointy

Post by profpointy »

Si wrote:Posts removed. No need for name calling just because someone doesn't agree with your view.

By all means put forward a reasoned, calm, friendly argument to demonstrate your case. But insults...no thanks.

Good call - and I was one of the culprits - sorry.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Well I don't know what the rules are in Oz for compulsorily riding in the cycle lane, but i for one would not be riding that close to the edge of the road.... Gives passing motorists the excuse not to pull out around you.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
james01

Post by james01 »

Another demonstration of the need for a legal minimum passing distance. Without this it's always going to be hard to persuade police to prosecute.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Petition here for the UK.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128190

Although they state they currently have no plans but are looking at how South Australia does.
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

james01 wrote:Another demonstration of the need for a legal minimum passing distance. Without this it's always going to be hard to persuade police to prosecute.

Only if you have a camera, only if you have a measuring device that is calibrated. Existing laws are already un-enforced, what makes you think a 'distance' specific law that can and will be unsuitable in many instances be any better?