Jeremny Vine a road rage victim

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Jeremny Vine a road rage victim

Post by [XAP]Bob »

reohn2 wrote:
thirdcrank wrote: .........Also, in the modern expression Vine is a Marmite celebrity. It's not so much that he turns me off, as that he has me turning the radio or telly off. :lol:

Whilst I agree about the Marmiteness of JV,I do think he's right about the dislike of cyclists by significant sections of society and not just motorists either.
I constantly ask myself why that is :?

Jealousy.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

[XAP]Bob wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
thirdcrank wrote: .........Also, in the modern expression Vine is a Marmite celebrity. It's not so much that he turns me off, as that he has me turning the radio or telly off. :lol:

Whilst I agree about the Marmiteness of JV,I do think he's right about the dislike of cyclists by significant sections of society and not just motorists either.

Jealousy.

Possibly,or maybe fear of the unknown :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

reohn2 wrote:Whilst I agree about the Marmiteness of JV,I do think he's right about the dislike of cyclists by significant sections of society and not just motorists either.

Daily Heil? :roll:
"42"
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

squeaker wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Whilst I agree about the Marmiteness of JV,I do think he's right about the dislike of cyclists by significant sections of society and not just motorists either.

Not by itself,there are many other sources and celebrities who shout their hatred of cycling and cyclists from the rooftops.
Janet Street Porter,Clackson,James Martin,to name three,who's voices come across loud and clear to vast swathes of the UK public
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

reohn2 wrote:
squeaker wrote:

Not by itself,there are many other sources and celebrities who shout their hatred of cycling and cyclists from the rooftops.
Janet Street Porter,Clackson,James Martin,to name three,who's voices come across loud and clear to vast swathes of the UK public

There's that Conservative Minister who car doors cyclists as well! And then leaves the scene without leaving his details!

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

thirdcrank wrote: .........Also, in the modern expression Vine is a Marmite celebrity.....

I agree. When I hear his whiny voice on that video makes me feel I'd probably "assault him" (his words). I wouldn't (very anti-violence) but what annoys me about this case is that many non-celebrity cyclists experience far worse and despite comparable video evidence nothing happens. But a celebrity who posts on Facebook ...

(When I say worse not acted on I'm referring to the many videos posted here and on youtube, I don't have a video camera).

Ian