Long Lane bridge over A453 Leicestershire

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Indeboat

Long Lane bridge over A453 Leicestershire

Post by Indeboat »

Went into Loughborough on Friday 11November and took normal route along Long Lane from Sawley to Kegworth,when i got to the new bridge over the A453 the concrete barriers had been removed and replaced with dirt ramparts on both sides of the bridge? with just a small muddy gap to cycle through :evil:
Now it does not take a rocket scientist to work out when the dirt gets wet it will wash down onto the road,this is now a muddy track/gap, and come the winter proper will be very tricky ,i was on my Raptobike recumbent which is front wheel drive(no fun in the mud) :shock:
Just phoned in a complaint to Leicestershire council roads department.
Just be aware if you are on a nice clean bike it wont be after you have been through the gaps.
PH

Re: Long Lane bridge over A453 Leicestershire

Post by PH »

I came back into Derby that way Sunday evening, after it had been raining for a couple of hours, yes it's slippery, not good for cyclists at all. It may have something to do with how easily travellers removed similar concrete barriers at the roundabout a couple of miles further towards Derby?
Who is it you complained to? I might do likewise.
Indeboat

Post by Indeboat »

I called Leicestershire C.C.

Environment & Transport enquiries

Monday – Friday: 8.30am - 5pm (excluding Wednesday)
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm

Telephone: 0116 305 0001
Email: highwayscustomerservices@leics.gov.uk

They gave me a report number at the time then shortly afterwards the lady rang me back to say that they had received several reports about it.
But the more people report it the better.

Ref. the moving of the concrete blocks at the other old round about up towards Cavandise Bridge,when the "Travelers" had gone the council cleaned up the area but did not replace any form of barrier to try and stop it happening again,and guess what :evil:
As of yesterday afternoon there were 2 "Campers" in place ,so i expect more to move in shortly.
Annoying Twit

Post by Annoying Twit »

Email sent.