Not quite on a road but....

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
reohn2

Re: Not quite on a road but....

Post by reohn2 »

The utility cyclist wrote: ........no shadow from train - fake....

That convinces me that it is indeed a fake,I'm glad to say.

.....hint, clicks=money

Being the gullible sort that I am,I'd never have thought that :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Despite the fact that that link is to an evil site (the daily wail doesn't deserve any clicks) it also fails to produce any source for the video - just claims that it's proved.

I'm not hugely fussed either way - but it's common to cite sources when you are reporting that something has been proved false.

I agree about the Mail and its sources. Also, no purpose, no context, no author. And "Did you spot it?" newsertainment approach; the video actually fits right in with Mail! Nevertheless I'm sure it's fake. Apart from anything else, would those track workers carry on working calmly while a train approached, trespasser or not? If they did they'd be in breach of all safety regs.
hercule

Post by hercule »

The "cyclist's" behaviour looks rather staged to me, particularly the hands to the head as all the groceries spill out. The train doesn't look real. I'm surprised the line workers are so close to the track and that the train is moving so fast past a working crew. I reckon it's fake and is click bait for a Chinese media site...
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/38750698

This looks a bit more genuine. Barrier came down about half a minute too late :(
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

The issue for me is that the train passes the workmen

IIRC the train should slow, AND the workmen have a system for stopping the train in case of emergency
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
hercule wrote:The "cyclist's" behaviour looks rather staged to me, particularly the hands to the head as all the groceries spill out. The train doesn't look real. I'm surprised the line workers are so close to the track and that the train is moving so fast past a working crew. I reckon it's fake and is click bait for a Chinese media site...

So Benny Hill :lol: :lol: :lol:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Cunobelin wrote:The issue for me is that the train passes the workmen

IIRC the train should slow, AND the workmen have a system for stopping the train in case of emergency

Not sure about stopping the train, but aren't the workers supposed to stand in their 'safe place' with an arm in the air to signal they know the train is there? Possibly only the lookout needs to give the arm in air signal. I'd say from their behaviour, those workers were on a closed line.