4 years for killing a child

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
mercalia

Re: 4 years for killing a child

Post by mercalia »

pwa wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:if he had being swinging a sledgehammer whilst walking on the pavement near children and caved the head of one I'm sure the sentence would have being that of manslaughter and a much much longer sentence, why should it be any different wielding a car with the same contempt as a sledgehammer knowing full well the damage you can do and that you're not nor ever could be in control? :twisted:
Hope he dies inside but sadly the old @@@@ will likely live another 10 years or more, maybe he'll kill himself with the guilt but these selfish types gon't give a fig about life, just ask the killer Helen Measures who blamed her victim :twisted: !

In practice I think this ensures his life ends in a miserable way, as a criminal, publicly shamed and with a terrible moral burden to wake up to every morning. But yes, to me there is no difference between this crime and what we normally class as "manslaughter".

i think the original news report said he didnt show any remorse so I wouldnt bet on that. The offence should have been manslaughter? I wonder what would happen if that was brought against him? I suspect something will happen to him in prison when the word gets out what he did - killing children dont go down well I suspect inside? Even hardened criminals have families
Username

Re: 4 years for killing a child

Post by Username »

mercalia wrote:seems rather lenient as he wont serve 4 years?

if any one was 100% culpable then it was this 72 year old man - told he shouldnt be driving as his eye sight was too bad and wasnt wearing his glasses? should have been life, as he took away a young kiddies who had all hers to live. no justice it seems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-39325833

72 years old, 4 minutes is almost a life sentence at that age.

But seriously British justice has been a laughing stock for a very long time now, and its not about to change any time soon, even after the EU thing.