Surrey Police/TPU

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
jatindersangha

Surrey Police/TPU

Post by jatindersangha »

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed a change in policy with Surrey TPU?

I've tried phoning them several times and it appears that they no longer answer the phone very often.

When I did manage to get through to them, they asked me to send an email.

When I sent an email, I got a response telling me that they wouldn't be giving out any information - and contact should only be expected if the case goes to court.

Sun 21st, I went out for a 35mile ride via Woking/Guildford/Normandy/Ash/Pirbright and had a number of scary moments on the A320 and A324. I reported these to the police but (in order to save time), I listed all the details of the incidents on a single form and provided 2 DVDs with all of the video evidence. They've returned it to me now (30th May) saying that they won't look at it unless everything is reported on individual forms and DVDs (ie. 9 forms and 9 DVDs). As the 14 day period expires on June 4th - not sure what I can do.

it would appear to me that the TPU should have simply looked at the videos, determined if they were worth pursuing, sent NIPs and maybe then asked me to re-submit individually if that's what they required.

Any suggestions on how I can convince the TPU to deal with this properly?

Thanks,
--Jatinder
landsurfer

Re: Surrey Police/TPU

Post by landsurfer »

Reduced budgets + increasing crime + terrorist threat = no chance.
I'm afraid the fact that no one was injured will colour their priorities.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
MikeF

Re: Surrey Police/TPU

Post by MikeF »

What sort of scary moments? I believe Surrey Police attended the conference about close passes.
Contact your police and crime commissioner and complain.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.