OMG result of close pass altercation..!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
james01

OMG result of close pass altercation..!

Post by james01 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-c ... -car-crash

Amazing that no-one seriously hurt. I've slapped a couple of close-pass cars in my time but I've never had such spectacular results!
reohn2

Re: OMG result of close pass altercation..!

Post by reohn2 »

I've watched a few similar mad interactions between motorcycles and cars on Youtube,sometimes with spectacular and terrifying results.
The one in the link is one of the rare ones where the motorcyclist comes off best,loonies will be loonies :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
The car driver can be seen clearly turning into the motorcycle..........a kick would do nothing to a car at all.
Car driver is at fault..........how would they explain that a boot from some ones foot then endangered others road users.
If the car driver had knocked the motorcyclist off what would be their defence..................

Motorcycling is dangerous but how many innocent people are killed by cars and the drivers who should never drive due to their attitude to a minor disagreement.

I have had car drivers drive at me many times whilst I am on my bicycle because they can.
Directing your vehicle at other road users at all should be a criminal offence if in case of ped / cyclist you make a deliberate movement towards them to intimidate, and touching with deliberate action another motor vehicle which could result in personal harm.

If you swear and make finger gesticulation's to a car driver even kick it is that a reason to then direct your car at vulnerable road users...........even another car user :?:

The police will say prevoked............that's OK then.

This car driver should be banned, do the motorcyclist for damage made by foot to car.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
meic

Post by meic »

This car driver should be banned

Though more likely that will happen due to his lack of control of the vehicle (after knocking the bike) than his lack of control of his temper (before knocking the bike).
Yma o Hyd
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

I feel sorry for the other motorists caught up in this.

Crazy.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Had the car driver fallen asleep? I don't see why the motor cyclist kicked the door.
Note it was filmed by another driver on his mobile phone. Was it being used as a dashcam?
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

MikeF wrote:Had the car driver fallen asleep? I don't see why the motor cyclist kicked the door.
Note it was filmed by another driver on his mobile phone. Was it being used as a dashcam?

I think we came in at half time,I took it that there was something previous that lead up to the incident captured on film and that could even be why the cameraman began filming
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

California laws , this wasn't the UK. . Awhat impressed me was the stabilty of the motorcycle and the riding skills of the rider, there appear to be 2 collisisions with the bike and he just carries on.
NUKe

Post by Vorpal »

The first version I saw of this video was posted on Facebook. I can't find it now, but the one on all the news services is cut.

What happened in the first video I saw is that the car crosses into the lane across the double yellows. This is a high occupancy vehicle lane, so the driver shouldn't enter it there, and shouldn't enter it without passengers in the car.

That alone might have been why the motorcyclist wanted to kick the car, but the car nearly sideswiped the motorcyclist, not once, but twice. The cut begins when the motorcyclist fends off the car with a kick. The kick is entirely justified if you see what happens immediately before. Had it been me, I would have braked, and let the car go ahead (where I could see it), but I completely understood the actions of the motorcyclist.

Having seen the first part of the video, I would put the cause of the incident 90% on the driver who lost control of his vehicle. The only thing the motorcyclist did wrong is leave the incident. Even then, he might be justifiably in fear for his personal safety. I don't know if he turned himself in, or reported it to police. The newsservices say the police are looking for the motorcyclist, but that may be a simple failure to update.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

If a car is close enough in overtaking to a bike or cycle to be kicked, it's too close.