Sick Of Roadie Groups !!!!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
BakfietsUK

Re: Sick Of Roadie Groups !!!!

Post by BakfietsUK »

I frequently have SOHF (sense of humour failure) syndrome ChrisOntLancs and I appreciate your gesture. I have a certain responsibility for my own response too, so I don't mind if Poe's law is waived if I understand your response correctly. I wonder what they did before emoticons, before tiny image files existed. Can you imagine Shakespeare, say Romeo and Juliet written in adherence with Poe's law! (note the exclamation mark :). See, you've got me doing it now LOL. Personally, I think these images can be avoided with well thought out grammar and punctuation (I would use the smug pic if I knew which one to use). I spose the emotican saves the bother of doing this for purposes of expedience and a spontaneous discourse. Having said that, the illuminated medieval texts such as the Luttrell Psalter did this hundreds of years in advance of Poe's observations.

More seriously, my point about campaigning was spawned from the OP and I think some sort of inwardly focused divide and conquer phenomenon operates unwittingly in this forum. Whether other groups join and influence us by proxy is open to debate, but I could see how it happens. So I can stand guilty of SOHF. Another way of looking at it is that the forum is mostly a way of just letting off steam. maybe I misunderstand the real purposes and see stuff that is not really here.

Whatever the expectations I have, I find many posts delivered with a humorous edge to have equally serious points to explore. THX.
PH

Post by PH »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi.
It does not matter If I ding my bell when they are deep in meaningless conversation.

This made me laugh :lol:
You're ranting on a forum and call their conversations meaningless. What was they were talking about?
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

PH wrote:
It does not matter If I ding my bell when they are deep in meaningless conversation.

You're ranting on a forum and call their conversations meaningless. What was they were talking about?

Haha. I remember 2 middle aged women jogging while I was out biking and they were out of breath, yet talking about all sorts of stuff at the same time. I remember saying to my mate "If they stopped talking they might get their breath back". Each to their own. I'm not trolling or being sexist, I am only reporting on what I witnessed. I can't imagine being in that state and talking or whistling/singing or whatever.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

Manc33 wrote:
PH wrote:

Haha. I remember 2 middle aged women jogging while I was out biking and they were out of breath, yet talking about all sorts of stuff at the same time. I remember saying to my mate "If they stopped talking they might get their breath back". Each to their own. I'm not trolling or being sexist, I am only reporting on what I witnessed. I can't imagine being in that state and talking or whistling/singing or whatever.

Talking whilst running is frequently recommended (e.g. http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/exercises/techniques-for-proper-breathing-while-running.html, partly (as the linked article says) to regulate the intensity of the run but it also (IME) helps you breath out properly.