Beam shots...

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
[XAP]Bob

Beam shots...

Post by [XAP]Bob »

A little while ago I was cycling home through some rather dense mist... and dug my phone out of my sidepod as I went to take a photo of my beam pattern...

This is the uphill drag away from my office site, so a bit slow and blurry, but the beam shape from the B&M IQ Cyo was very well displayed...

Phone camera was put off by the bright spot from the rear of the light, which I can see, but which is far more distracting to the camera than to me...
Attachments
BeamShot.jpg
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Beam shots...

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Reminds me of motorcycle night rides over the moors in the mist..................over a hump back bridge and several cows lying down in the road :? :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
pwa

Post by pwa »

I always paint or tape over edges of a lamp that might catch my eye.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

pwa wrote:I always paint or tape over edges of a lamp that might catch my eye.
+1...
"42"
mjr

Post by mjr »

squeaker wrote:
+1...

-1 - it's either there for a reason like side/high visibility or the lamp is badly-designed and should be replaced when possible.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

As I said - it really doesn't disturb me, my eyes are not a camera making a naive attempt at whole frame white balance guesswork.

My RH rear light does have some paint inside the cover (I must add a fleck of foil as well), but the image above is not representative of how bright that top 'slot' is. For most users it would also be well below eye line - it isn't for me...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.