Kerry and Kirsty

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
ambodach

Kerry and Kirsty

Post by ambodach »

The sisters are off again on their travels in a new series on BBC Alba which started last night and is now on IPlayer. For those who enjoyed the trip from Vatersay to Butt of Lewis the first one here is Trotternish on Skye. There are English subtitles. Not up technically to putting up links but if anyone else wants to please feel free.
Paulatic

Re: Kerry and Kirsty

Post by Paulatic »

Kerry is Kirsty, Series 1: 2. Stafainn: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09ltj56 via @bbciplayer
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ambodach

Post by ambodach »

Thanks paulitic. Very helpful.
robing

Post by robing »

Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed the first series. Actually Trotternish is episode 2.
Username

Post by Username »

ambodach wrote:The sisters are off again on their travels in a new series on BBC Alba which started last night and is now on IPlayer. For those who enjoyed the trip from Vatersay to Butt of Lewis the first one here is Trotternish on Skye. There are English subtitles. Not up technically to putting up links but if anyone else wants to please feel free.

AAAARRHGHGH!! ITS IN JIBBERISH! Hate reading subtitles which is a shame, probably would have otherwise been interesting. Is there any programs like this in English?
roberts8

Post by roberts8 »

I liked the views but I solved the dialogue by turning the sound down. To appeal to a wider audience it would be better to dub it if they have trouble with the uk language .
Love the areas though as it brings back memories of climbing and wide open spaces.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Username wrote:
ambodach wrote:The sisters are off again on their travels in a new series on BBC Alba which started last night and is now on IPlayer. For those who enjoyed the trip from Vatersay to Butt of Lewis the first one here is Trotternish on Skye. There are English subtitles. Not up technically to putting up links but if anyone else wants to please feel free.

AAAARRHGHGH!! ITS IN JIBBERISH! Hate reading subtitles which is a shame, probably would have otherwise been interesting. Is there any programs like this in English?

That's not jibberish (don't be rude about other languages, please) but there's a problem: my iplayer app (get_iplayer) doesn't download subtitles and put them in the MPG format so they don't display on my TV :(
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Mine downloads them nicely and puts them in an SRT with the video file. Most players will then pick them up assuming they have the same name as the video and are in the same directory.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
hufty

Post by hufty »

Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Username wrote:

It is quite easy to read the subtitles, it causes the brain to create new connections and one learns a new language without wanting to, +1 :o
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mjr

Post by mjr »

Thanks. That's interesting and it seems that avconv has a subrip codec as well as a dvbsub one, so maybe there's some incantation to merge the srt download with the MPEG TS download.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

mjr wrote:

Thanks. That's interesting and it seems that avconv has a subrip codec as well as a dvbsub one, so maybe there's some incantation to merge the srt download with the MPEG TS download.

That paragraph looks a bit like a foreign language to me, there are about seven words I do not know :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mjr

Post by mjr »

Hah! That show has in-vision subtitles anyway, or at least it seems to to me... :?:
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

roberts8 wrote:I liked the views but I solved the dialogue by turning the sound down. To appeal to a wider audience it would be better to dub it if they have trouble with the uk language .
Love the areas though as it brings back memories of climbing and wide open spaces.

They speak one of theUK languages. I imagine the remit of BBC ALBA is to produce programmes in Gaelic.
Thankfully they produce many programmes I find watchable and of interest. I get the subtitles even on IPlayer and like listening to the language. After awhile you can even pick up some of the words.
beannachd leat
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Paulatic wrote:
roberts8 wrote:I liked the views but I solved the dialogue by turning the sound down. To appeal to a wider audience it would be better to dub it if they have trouble with the uk language .

They speak one of theUK languages. I imagine the remit of BBC ALBA is to produce programmes in Gaelic.
Thankfully they produce many programmes I find watchable and of interest. I get the subtitles even on IPlayer and like listening to the language. After awhile you can even pick up some of the words.
beannachd leat

Ironically "the" UK language is in fact German. Celtic was the original and displaced when we were invaded by tribes from Germany, Netherlands and Denmark