Ten Miles a day - 2018

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
MikeF

Re: Ten Miles a day - 2018

Post by MikeF »

My aim is 3000 miles a year which is under 10 miles/day. I don't have the time to cycle every day and I don't very often cycle more than 30miles at a time. But I do count all the utility journeys and they "mount up" over a year.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Cosmicbike

Post by Cosmicbike »

Set myself a target of 6000 miles for 2017, which went to 6214 when I realised that would make a nice round 10,000km. Much the same target set for 2018, and ticking along just over ATM. Commutes make up about 2500 miles a year
Bowak

Post by Bowak »

January wasn't a great start, but I'm bang on track for February and aiming to claw back January's lost miles by May.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I'm just about on target so far, 497 miles so far in 49 days. I'm off to the Canary Islands on Wednesday, so hoping to get some warm weather miles in.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I'm finally coming out of my Dreaded Lurgy.
I plan on a ride tomorrow.

Bike rides this year so far:
Jan 1st - 17miles
Jan 11th - 30miles
Jan 20th - 14miles
Jan 22nd - 17miles
Jan 26th - 4miles
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
A week short of three months since my fall, and managed about 300 miles this year on the turbo.
First road ride in three months, trouble is that I used the same gears I always use, just a bit slower on the pedals.
Managed 3 hrs but not sure of miles as my HRM conflicts with the wireless comp, but managed about last 20 miles on a 90" gear so not lost all of it :)
Struggled to sit down as my quads are sore and after dinner my arms were hurting, probably pay for it tomorrow.
Probably doing about 5mph uphill at about 20 rpm :? and past by a sportive wannabe TDF rider going 2 mph faster at 120 rpm :mrgreen: Lucky no pain in my bad leg which is good.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Out this morning.
17miles on Mercian into Devon, and home over the hills from Tavistock.
17miles with 1,825ft of ascent = 107ft per mile.

I set to with a will, but my legs felt weak and my chest ached a bit. The wind was against me for a while, so it was hard work climbing out of the valley and right up to Stags Head Cross at Brentor. I flew down to Tavistock at a steady 30odd mph .......... and that made me feel MUCH better. :D

Hard work back from Tavy, but I made it. I'll be out again tomorrow and Thursday, but I won't push it. Take it easy is the way for me for a while yet. I still don't feel well. I'm ok and improving, but slowly.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

20miles today.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Gardening yesterday.
26miles this morning. Damned cold with wind-chill.
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
2.54 miles yesterday on the treadmill in 40 minutes :)
Legs hurt this morning, thinking about a second road ride.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
honesty

Post by honesty »

nothing so far for me this February, family holiday put paid to everything so far. Going out for 25 miles this evening across Monmouthshire. Hope it's not too cold!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

honesty wrote:nothing so far for me this February, family holiday put paid to everything so far. Going out for 25 miles this evening across Monmouthshire. Hope it's not too cold!
Good luck!

It was 6degC today, but a lot of windchill and by the time I got home, I was cold to the bone, and my fingers (even in gloves) were freezing.

Goodness knows which direction the wind was coming from, as it seemed to be against me out and back.
Mick F. Cornwall
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

Went off to do a 20m last week, as I am currently building up slowly for various reasons partly ligamental, and due to flooding ended up doing 30. :evil:
Lots of vehicles passed through the water as I stood trying to work out what to do, vans, even a flat bed truck which was empty. Not one suggested they could take me over. Oh well.
Then realised that both my phones were flat, and my backup charger had failed. This never happens, I am usually so careful. :( Had also left map at home because hey, I had a map on the phone, and even if that went flat, I had the charging bank. That'll teach me to go out without a map.
Luckily I have a reasonable visual memory for maps, and did pick the right route round it- but was worrying all the time I'd hit another flood and get really stuck on tiny roads out in the sticks.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

Mick F wrote:
honesty wrote:nothing so far for me this February, family holiday put paid to everything so far. Going out for 25 miles this evening across Monmouthshire. Hope it's not too cold!
Good luck!

It was 6degC today, but a lot of windchill and by the time I got home, I was cold to the bone, and my fingers (even in gloves) were freezing.

Goodness knows which direction the wind was coming from, as it seemed to be against me out and back.

These last few months, it seemed to me that either I am less fit even than I thought, or its been more windy. Didn't seem very windy the other day, but I was coming back going faster uphill than I had been going downhill on the way out. However, did get some new gloves lately, which are so warm they are too hot in all but the most recent weather!
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Just hit my 100 miles this month, 60 miles on Monday and 20 miles yesterday to finish it off. Monday's ride included a detour due to a road collapsing due to badger activity! Although I did ride along it on the way back, I wish road closed signs and detour signs would stipulate whether it's passable by pedestrians and cyclists, some detours are very long.