Conwy driver jailed for head-on crash with cyclist

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Conwy driver jailed for head-on crash with cyclist

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Vorpal wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Would it be possible to govern my vehicle so it could not exceed 90% of maximum speed limits? Allowing for timelag and rounding differences I would then be unable to break maximum limits, that wd b gr8 :D

Yes, assuming the database from which it took the speed limits was correct and kept up-to-date, the technology exists to do this.

+1
The only problem then would be getting a permit to fit a ships searchlight to the boot to keep the terrorists away

Vocab: terrorists = normal drivers
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
pwa

Post by pwa »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Vorpal wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Would it be possible to govern my vehicle so it could not exceed 90% of maximum speed limits? Allowing for timelag and rounding differences I would then be unable to break maximum limits, that wd b gr8 :D

Yes, assuming the database from which it took the speed limits was correct and kept up-to-date, the technology exists to do this.

+1
The only problem then would be getting a permit to fit a ships searchlight to the boot to keep the terrorists away

Guess that makes me a terrorist in your view, and your view being a bit extreme makes you an extremist. Or maybe we just stop having silly little pokes at each other. I favour the latter.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

pwa wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:
Vorpal wrote:Yes, assuming the database from which it took the speed limits was correct and kept up-to-date, the technology exists to do this.

+1

Guess that makes me a terrorist in your view, and your view being a bit extreme makes you an extremist. Or maybe we just stop having silly little pokes at each other. I favour the latter.

No no, it is not directed at you, Chwarae teg!
I would certainly maintain that the majority of truck drivers are psychopaths (keyboard suggested this word). An hour ago I turned off the Autobahn on the way home, there is a bend on the slip road with a maximum limit of 50 kmh. The terrorist behind me came very close and put his lights on full beam. What could I do, accelerate away? He would soon catch me up. He was not willing to wait just a few seconds, absolutely typical. I gladly let the killers by when possible
Truck drivers are particularly bad on single-carriageway roads too
Might be things are different in Wales, I only know the A 55 as far as Penmaenmawr roundabout :D

For worthy reasons I drive a small vehicle with a small engine (it does have four wheels and four seats) so I am very low in the pecking order. I wonder if I should upgrade?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies