Hull to Withernsea Bike Path

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
V4281051

Hull to Withernsea Bike Path

Post by V4281051 »

Has anyone ridden to Withernsea down the old train track from Hull? What's it like?.Can you get a leaflet from East Riding on the ride? (.Not talking about the Hull to Hornsea track..)
Thanks..
The utility cyclist

Re: Hull to Withernsea Bike Path

Post by The utility cyclist »

From Hull city centre to the outskirts of the city it's fiddly, it's very much wide tyre riding once you get outside the city boundary and after rain it's pretty sticky, it also comes to a stop at Station road in Winestead (a1033) and you then use a narrow lane to rejoin the B1362 into With'.

I cycle to with from Sutton in Hull (where I'm currently visiting the folks) but going along the path from the city centre I'd get off at the second road crossing in Hedon turn left off the track onto the B1362 toward Burstwick, keep on the B1362 toward Halsham - East End - Withernsea.

As roads go it's very quiet IME, it's also going to be easier going on a good surface by comparison particularly if wet and knocks a few miles off as the railway line loops South toward Patringtron and you'd have to come back up on the roads anyway due to the fact it doesn't go all the way.

This might be useful and ypu're allowed to print off. http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home ... ycle-route