Empty roads?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
reohn2

Re: Empty roads?

Post by reohn2 »

I've been out on the MTB on some forest roads and a couple of climbs(Delemere forest).I was quite surprised the number of people,many families and quite a few older couples with the odd walking group,there was also a running event on too,the M6 was less packed than normal but still busy.That said IMO the Greater Manchester,Liverpool areas aren't as Royalist as perhaps some other areas of the country.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
pwa

Post by pwa »

Our walk down to the cliffs overlooking the Bristol Channel was great. The coastal path, if anything, was quieter than I would have expected on a sunny weekend. Normally I would have expected to say hello to one or two groups but today, on the clifftop path itself, we saw nobody. We reclined in some long grass and consumed refreshments for twenty minutes and not a soul passed us. Just us, the waves lapping the pebbles below and the gulls in the sky. Perfect. A slight haze on the far shore made Minehead invisible to us.

We did encounter other walkers as we took another path back inland to our village. Clearly some people took the view that it was too nice a day to be sat in front of a TV.
Username

Post by Username »

pwa wrote:Our walk down to the cliffs overlooking the Bristol Channel was great. The coastal path, if anything, was quieter than I would have expected on a sunny weekend. Normally I would have expected to say hello to one or two groups but today, on the clifftop path itself, we saw nobody. We reclined in some long grass and consumed refreshments for twenty minutes and not a soul passed us. Just us, the waves lapping the pebbles below and the gulls in the sky. Perfect. A slight haze on the far shore made Minehead invisible to us.

We did encounter other walkers as we took another path back inland to our village. Clearly some people took the view that it was too nice a day to be sat in front of a TV.

Was up at Fort William this weekend. Place was packed and nearly ended up camping due to lack of B&B vacancies. Ben Nevis also had loads of people on it and the pubs were also busy with mostly football on. Seems people (or at least the Scots) are not as sad as TV makes out. Personally I wasnt even aware there was a wedding until I tried to buy a newspaper, and I wanted one with news in it. I was advised that the A82 is no place for cyclists, so ended up riding some of the Great Glen Way. Again this was busy but not too bad. Everything was busy, plus the weather kicked ass too, which is rare, but particularly so for Scotland.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

*The weather kicked ass*

Please translate, diolch yn fawr

Is there any need to climb the Bheinn?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
pwa

Post by pwa »

Cyril Haearn wrote:*The weather kicked ass*

The weather was bang tidy.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

pwa wrote:

Now I only understand train station, as we say in German %)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
pwa

Post by pwa »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
pwa wrote:

Now I only understand train station, as we say in German %)

Kicked ass = bang tidy = excellent.
hemo

Post by hemo »

World Cup is coming up soon so roads should be quieter then normal.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

World Cup is coming up soon so roads should be quieter then normal.

Only for a short time - until England are knocked out :D