Sportives - love them or loathe them?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Ellieb

Re: Sportives - love them or loathe them?

Post by Ellieb »

I sometimes wonder whether the act of cycling in Britain, battling against the wind, the rain, the potholes and the aggression from motorists etc. gives people a misogynist mentality and whether this is exacerbated by age. But there is no doubt, that on the internet at least, there is no shortage of people willing to sneer at people who don’t enjoy cycling in exactly the same way that they do.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Ellieb wrote:I sometimes wonder whether the act of cycling in Britain, battling against the wind, the rain, the potholes and the aggression from motorists etc. gives people a misogynist mentality and whether this is exacerbated by age. But there is no doubt, that on the internet at least, there is no shortage of people willing to sneer at people who don’t enjoy cycling in exactly the same way that they do.

misogynist or misanthrope?

Anyway, that's why I don't battle against wind, rain, potholes or motorists. I waft along on mostly-pothole-free routes not open to or not used by many motorists. Sometimes the wind makes the wafting easier than others. Sometimes I wear a waterproof. This is why I'm sweetness and light.

Just don't mention tree root damage and [rude word removed] council-erected barriers...
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Ellieb

Post by Ellieb »

misogynist or misanthrope?

Ok mis-y something :wink: