Birmingham LetsRide

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Si

Birmingham LetsRide

Post by Si »

Nice example of various cycling orgs working together...The Birmingham LetsRide event (what used to be the city ride), photo of the joint CUK, BC, Community Cycling, PushBikes, Gear Up, Big Birmingham Bikes, BBR, etc engagement stand. Felt like thousands of people came to see us, talk about cycling, get their bikes fettled, find out where they could hire bikes, join Community Clubs, learn to ride, etc etc.....frazzled after a long day in the sun but was a brilliant event.

You might notice we were joined by a celeb or two (no, I meant Chris Hoy and Helen Scott rather than Dave Cox! :lol: )

PH

Re: Birmingham LetsRide

Post by PH »

Great stuff, working together is something we should see more of.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Bostin great that our kid ...
I should coco.
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

I heard the event was very very good ...

Now the next thing is to get regular road closures on a Sunday for everyone to enjoy ...
Si

Post by Si »

I'm told we had around 11,000 punters there!
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Took my son, Rea Valley route to your stall, then into town for an ice-cream bigger than his head and then the canal back home. It was a great day out, lots of little things to distract the younger ones and provide them breaks from cycling. I didn't stop to say "hi" at the CTC/Pushbikes stall as i'm already a member so would have had to make my son queue just to say "hello".
Next year we could do with another hour or two of road closures, that and actually close the roads in town.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.