Cycling Safety Focus Groups

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cammo

Cycling Safety Focus Groups

Post by Cammo »

Afternoon everyone.

Admins, I hope that you don't mind this post, but it is related to the forum. I'm a lecturer in law at the University of Leicester and I am currently doing some research on vulnerable road users and the enforcement of road traffic offences. As part of this, I am holding focus groups with cyclists to discuss attitudes to cycling, road safety, and the adequacy of the police's response.

At the moment, I am seeking participants and looking for a venue to host a focus group in the West Mercia police force area, preferably Shrewsbury and Worcester. If anyone could help with a venue, please send me a PM. Once I have a venue and date, I’ll ask here for participants.

The small print! Ethical approval has been granted for the research. Funding has also been secured, so a small incentive will be offered to anyone who participates (the amount and form has yet to be decided). You do not need to have been involved in an accident/incident; we are seeking views on perceptions of road safety, not on actual incidents/prosecutions. Finally, when the research is published, participants will not be named; your anonymity is guaranteed.
thirdcrank

Re: Cycling Safety Focus Groups

Post by thirdcrank »

Welcome to the forum and best wishes for success with your project.

There's little likelihood of my being anywhere near the West Mercia Police area and my views are in any case rather fixed.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Cycling Safety Focus Groups

Post by Cyril Haearn »

thirdcrank wrote:Welcome to the forum and best wishes for success with your project.

There's little likelihood of my being anywhere near the West Mercia Police area and my views are in any case rather fixed.

Mine too, the same for many fora members probably
I have something of an obsession with STOP signs as posted elsewhere

There are plenty of "Laienexperten", lay experts on here too, mind

I did live and cycle in "West Mercia" some years ago and was once apprehended by the cops, they accused me of driving slowly (no charges were preferred!)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies