That the Black Shed Slimbridge is open again

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
whoof

That the Black Shed Slimbridge is open again

Post by whoof »

If you are from the Bristol/Gloucester area the Black Shed cafe at Slimbridge was a popular stop for cyclists. It closed a couple of years ago but has reopened, supposedly in February. It's been refurbished but not gone all flat-whites and paninis. You can now also visit the toilet without the feeling that you might fall through the floor.
Richard Fairhurst

Re: That the Black Shed Slimbridge is open again

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

Really looking forward to this, not just as a Cotswold cyclist but as a boater - the Gloucester & Sharpness is one of our favourite excursions from our Worcester mooring. Though I confess I usually find it hard to see past the six or so ciders on offer at the Tudor Arms...
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Glad of that, especially the bit about the toilet (though I prefer filter coffee to flt white!)

Thanks for letting us know - Richard
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Norman H

Post by Norman H »

I was in the Black Shed cafe only last week. It's in a popular area area for cycling, with a pleasant lack of hills in the immediate vicinity.

My mother's family came from that part of Gloucestershire, and I spent a glorious week camping at Arlingham, researching family history, visiting churchyards, and photographing the various farms with family connections. I made much use of route 41 and also sampled tearooms in Berkeley and Almondsbury.

Mention of cider reminds me, I can also recommend the local pub at Arlingham, The Red Lion, which is community owned, and also The Three Horseshoes, on the green at Frampton-on-Severn.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Tried the Black Shed earlier (dropped in on drive back from Devon to Brum). Good sized mug of coffee and the loo floor feels a lot safer!

If you ask for the cheesy chips make sure you are either hungry, or have someone with you to share!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !