Multiple crimes/offences (3+?) by motons

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cyril Haearn

Multiple crimes/offences (3+?) by motons

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Saw a male skoda* driver commit three crimes at once today:
Ignored stop sign
Did not yield
Using a telephone (I shouted at him!)

Is this a record? Probably not, one frequently sees drivers going too fast AND too close, committing two easily detectable crimes, doubtless many commit a third and a fourth..

* skoda: cheap audi? :(
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
[XAP]Bob

Re: Multiple crimes/offences (3+?) by motons

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Often hard to find a motorist *not* breaking at least a couple
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

2 offences and a non compliance? No crimes.

One of the beauties of retirement is having the time to grass up motorised idiots. Walking the dog last week I spied one chap driving past the village school on the phone. Company van, so snapped a pic and emailed it to his company director. Dorector emailed me back almost immediately, and 2 days later confirmed the driver is now unemployed.

Collecting Mrs Dopestrong from a Doctors appointent last night so and the car in front were subject to a dreadful overtake on a blind curve by a Porker 4x4 thing. Sure enough, a car appeared coming the other way. I'd half expected such an eventuality so had immediately dropped back a bit, but cue 3 innocent divers slewing everywhere trying to avoid getting tangled up in a mass smack. SD card from my dashcam and 2 x statements from myself and Mrs D, both retired plod, collected this morning by the local PCSO, who was only too happy to pop in for a tea and a biscuit and collect them on behalf of the local skipper (who, by coincidence, I had tutored when they joined the job).

Don't waste your breath having a go. They don't care, or they're too thick to understand. Send them a message they will understand - don't get mad, get even!
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Plus One for HPC* Dopestrong, Cunobelin has reported doing likewise, massaging the unemployment figures :wink:

* Honorary PC
Lance Dopestrong

I just gather my evidence, do it quietly. I've managed to resist shouting at them or giving them red cards ;)
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

What is a non-compliance, is that less or more than an offence? Is using the word "crime" incorrect? Could they be punished for all three, is that normal practice?
Lance Dopestrong

If it goes to court you could get done for all three, sure. Couldn't Prosecute Stalin might only run with the worst on or two charges and the the rest lay.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Half the fun is creeping up from the undergrowth!

If they are totally unaware that they have been spotted, recorded and a complaint made, the surprise is greater when they are summonsed to the big office.

T'other trick is do not mention any video recording!

make the complaint in writing, detailing what happened and when. The driver will almost certainly come up with a set of lies and excuses that bear little resemblance to reality.

Then when the manager writes to you with the investigation, reply with the video and ask why the driver's version is so different.

Manager's hate being put on the spot by an employee's lies and I am sure that this often adds to the problem of the poor driving
Lance Dopestrong

Thats underhand, sneaky, and downright ungentlemanly.

I love It! :lol:
awavey

Post by awavey »

the biggest problem Im finding is having usable bike cam footage to actually report the stuff, theres certainly no shortage of potential candidates vying for police attention, I thought my gopro Hero+ was a decent enough camera, but it only seems to capture stuff well in bright well lit sunshine instances, and even then the angle of the lens and the kind of extended distancing effect it captures makes a whole bunch of dangerous overtakes or other crazy stuff look completely safe.

I caught several cars jumping a red light few weeks back, but the red light they passed looks no bigger than a few pixels on playback and you cant quite tell when they crossed the line, yet I know I saw the light was red before they passed the line.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Cyril Haearn wrote: doubtless many commit a third and a fourth.. :(

I've only noticed two this week.

A road cyclist riding straight through the red lights in front of me last weekend (Nb. I was on the bike). Heavy traffic, roundabout directly beyond the red lights with traffic on it, considerable nuisance value to all around him.

And then 3 No. cyclists riding after the fall of light on Tuesday, no lights, off on a 5 mile journey, which will of included a brief section on the A1 dual carriageway (Nb. I'm slightly more forgiving, as they were clearly kids heading home after an evening in town!)
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:2 offences and a non compliance? No crimes.

One of the beauties of retirement is having the time to grass up motorised idiots. Walking the dog last week I spied one chap driving past the village school on the phone. Company van, so snapped a pic and emailed it to his company director. Dorector emailed me back almost immediately, and 2 days later confirmed the driver is now unemployed.

Collecting Mrs Dopestrong from a Doctors appointent last night so and the car in front were subject to a dreadful overtake on a blind curve by a Porker 4x4 thing. Sure enough, a car appeared coming the other way. I'd half expected such an eventuality so had immediately dropped back a bit, but cue 3 innocent divers slewing everywhere trying to avoid getting tangled up in a mass smack. SD card from my dashcam and 2 x statements from myself and Mrs D, both retired plod, collected this morning by the local PCSO, who was only too happy to pop in for a tea and a biscuit and collect them on behalf of the local skipper (who, by coincidence, I had tutored when they joined the job).

Don't waste your breath having a go. They don't care, or they're too thick to understand. Send them a message they will understand - don't get mad, get even!

+1
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Bus drivers are pretty bad, ignoring stop signs, selling tickets while driving, waving at colleagues going the other way, crossing unbroken lines etc etc
hemo

Post by hemo »

I had a Moton experience yesterday cycling to work , sadly no camera's mounted :( otherwise I would have visited plod with footage.
Not only a terrible over take after waiting at a red light to enter a single carriageway route under a rail bridge but also the use of his car a weapon to threaten/intimidate me further up the road after I threw my hands in the air in response. Confrontation or a simply shake of the head are not an option as some of the brain dead Moton's simply are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Lances attitude/examples is a good one to follow and one I will try to be using now, have now found a pair of camera's for front and back and will be using them all the time now. Time is up and time to get some of these motons spoken to by plod or possibly prosecuted, quite happy for people to loose their jobs if liveried vehicles are involved.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Think i will start reporting offences by cyclists ... well why not ..i see enough of them every day i'm cycling in Sheffield..
This line of divisive cvap needs to stop .....
I assume non of you pro-reporting "motons" people ever eat food delivered by lorry, van, car ..... etc.

This is such a dead end and brings Cyclists into disrepute.

When you get bored with this new hobby whats next ...Paedophile Hunting ...... :evil:

Just Cycle ... try it .. it's fun, safe, good for the environment.

Maybe you need to read "Billy Liar" ......
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.