Penwith circular ride

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
roberts8

Penwith circular ride

Post by roberts8 »

It looks like we will be with family at Marazion over the New Year so I need to plan a few days out to ensure what is left of my sanity remains.
I will be taking my touring bike and plan to really explore the back roads and came across this ride but no route details.

Happy to enjoy the planning with a map but wondered if anyone had personal knowledge. I do know that there are only one or two flat bits in the area so 40 miles would be max. I also paint so sketching along the way will be part of any ride.

Ideas appreciated.
whoof

Re: Penwith circular ride

Post by whoof »

Can you post a link as I've never heard of it as a ride as in C2C or Lon Lad Cymru etc.
If you want to do 40 miles and circle Penwith moor and are interested in Painting then I would suggest calling i to Mousehole and then Lamorna. I'd cut across to St Buryan, Crows an Wra then across to Land's End Airport and up to St Just In St Jus I can recommend the Cook Book cafe on the way to cape Cornwall. The road to St. Ives is wonderfu, possibly call in at Zennor. From St Ives through Carbis Bay on the main road and then left after John Becks fish and chips to go past the golf course. After the church on the corner left down to follow the train line and over the hedge (Cycletravel will also go this way ) into the park and ride car park. 1/2 way across Hayl e causeway and right to St Ert h and follow the NCN 3 back to Marazion. I'll post a route tomorrow if I have time.
roberts8

Re: Penwith circular ride

Post by roberts8 »

The ride was a Rotary Club local ride.

The route you outline looks really good and having looked at the map it looks perfect for blowing away festive cobwebs and I will certainly use the suggested stops.

Thanks for your time.