He wasn't in a Wange Wover

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
londoncommuter0000

Re: He wasn't in a Wange Wover

Post by londoncommuter0000 »

Cunobelin wrote:
londoncommuter0000 wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:The guy is a prize (insert expletive) and the Police within their rights, and he is not only engineering the situation, but showing a total ignorance of what he is entitled to do. Had he been reasonable (once again) there would have been no conflict.

Also consider that he was filming at an MOD base not a Police Station, information that was deliberately omitted. There have been threats against Service Personnel and attacks by terrorist groups on Service Personnel.

Only two years ago at this very base:

They were reasonable and certainly correct question his actions and motives

As for bringing a chid along to deliberately use him as a pawn in his games, that says all you really need to know

Sorry - but what relevance does the above have?

The relevance is that this (insert expletive here) that the video referred to is the one about the "Police Station"and it is hiding a lot of information in order to promote his entitled snowflake ranting

He is NOT filming outside a Police Station as the video claims, but outside a Frontline Raf Base... RAF Marham
He forgets to mention that the was recorded in 2016 when the UK was already in an increased state of alert
He also forgets that this video was recorded closely following the attempted abduction of a Service person at the very site he chose, and the investigation was still continuing at this point

What I linked where the reasons why this (insert expletive) was appropriately stopped by the Police and asked what he was doing

He was was totally insensitive to the situation and deliberately provoking Police carrying out their role appropriately ... something he appears to have specifically chosen to do in a heightened and sensitive security situation

All of this is also relevant as if someone is willing plumb their he the depths that this (insert expletive) has gone to in order to be a self promoting dishonest Drama Queen on Facebook, then it must question the validity of the situation outside the School. One of the allegations being that he was asked by School Staff on the premises to identify himself

Are YOU happy for unidentified masked people on school grounds refusing to state heir identity or reason for being there?

Well, I don't see anything in your rather over-excited rant above, that invalidates any of the legal points which I had previously expressed. However, I shall just answer the last question, and that is of course no - someone walking into a school wearing a mask would quite naturally be challenged by school staff. I believe that he was indeed, challenged.

The altercation in question, however (we're still talking about the original film, aren't we?) takes place on the street. There is no prohibition on wearing a mask in public, and so of course, the policeman's actions were - as I have already stated - unlawful.

Even though the individual in question had been inside the school, at the point that the police officer arrived, he was in public, and the conditions for a stop still apply. I do not believe that the test for terrorism, offensive weapon etc., were met.

Of course, when the cyclist/pedestrian asked if he was being detained, the officer quite rightly said no and the former then left. But for most people, the fact that a police officer is asking you questions, means that you will not walk away - such is the programming that we all receive, to obey the police under all circumstances.

I suspect that it is the last-named factor above, that is causing so much ire among the commentators on this site.
--
Surly LHT | Genesis Flyer | Giant Defy Advanced Pro | CBoardman 29er Pro
London is a cesspit
Hudson1984

Post by Hudson1984 »

I think my main gripe is he uploaded it to social media.

Which I suggest is more due to my problem with social media than the person himself. Recording an incident for evidence to then base a complaint on is one thing - and yes if this then ends up on social media it's bound to spread.

But this in conjunction with the second video suggests to me that the man is actually seeking the attention. It doesn't appear that he's trying to prove anything in terms of "look, our local police are breaking the law and i'm oppressed" so I stick to the sentiment of it being legal but hold to the "the guys a knob and what's the point"

Ok, so legally he's in the clear - his attitude is still terrible, it's still very confrontational. Again no law against being an arsehat but still... this shouldn't be acceptable behaviour.

Even if a police office wasn't present we should expect more of ourselves and others. Simply accepting it because it's lawful just escalates the attitude. I'd rather make the moron realise he's being a moron.
londoncommuter0000

Hudson1984 wrote:I think my main gripe is he uploaded it to social media.

Which I suggest is more due to my problem with social media than the person himself. Recording an incident for evidence to then base a complaint on is one thing - and yes if this then ends up on social media it's bound to spread.

But this in conjunction with the second video suggests to me that the man is actually seeking the attention. It doesn't appear that he's trying to prove anything in terms of "look, our local police are breaking the law and i'm oppressed" so I stick to the sentiment of it being legal but hold to the "the guys a knob and what's the point"

Ok, so legally he's in the clear - his attitude is still terrible, it's still very confrontational. Again no law against being an arsehat but still... this shouldn't be acceptable behaviour.

Even if a police office wasn't present we should expect more of ourselves and others. Simply accepting it because it's lawful just escalates the attitude. I'd rather make the moron realise he's being a moron.

Yeah, I suppose he's a bit of a p**t. But with the greatest of respect, you and I differ in saying that such should not be 'acceptable'. There are many other things that I find less acceptable in this world. Some guy seeking attention on social media is pretty low on my radar.

But anyway, YMMV and all that.
--
London is a cesspit
Hudson1984

Post by Hudson1984 »

Oh him being a tit is hardly going to end the world for sure. I mean there are bigger morons out there in positions of power that worry more than this guy being entitled

But yes, I don't believe the law side of it is the issue. It's more the guy being an ass. and certainly from the point of view from the second video I see little reason to be there in the first place. Yes Yes I agree with you, he CAN be there and doesn't legally have to move etc etc etc. But come on....get a life! any life! doesn't have to be glamourous but geez gotta be more to it that hitting up a police station to record absolutely nothing.

Yes each to their own and what's good for me might not be good for him and I certainly wouldn't want a law against what I find fun no more than there should be a law on anyone elses (within reason - I mean if murder is your idea of fun then clearly that law should remain :lol: )
londoncommuter0000

Hudson1984 wrote:Oh him being a tit is hardly going to end the world for sure. I mean there are bigger morons out there in positions of power that worry more than this guy being entitled

But yes, I don't believe the law side of it is the issue. It's more the guy being an ass. and certainly from the point of view from the second video I see little reason to be there in the first place. Yes Yes I agree with you, he CAN be there and doesn't legally have to move etc etc etc. But come on....get a life! any life! doesn't have to be glamourous but geez gotta be more to it that hitting up a police station to record absolutely nothing.

Yes each to their own and what's good for me might not be good for him and I certainly wouldn't want a law against what I find fun no more than there should be a law on anyone elses (within reason - I mean if murder is your idea of fun then clearly that law should remain :lol: )

Perhaps he is aghast at the abuses of police powers that are becoming everyday occurrences. But as I mentioned about ten posts earlier on, we are all so utterly petrified of 'terrorism' and of 'crime', that we're willing to look the other way and let the police do virtually anything, 'as long as they get the job done'.

I see this guy's point. I got stopped once coming through back from Northern Ireland, and this was well after the end of 'The Troubles'. There was no reason to stop me. They just did so because they carry a warrant card and I don't.

I abhor abuse of power. Maybe our YouTubing friend does, too.
--
London is a cesspit
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Hudson1984 wrote:I think my main gripe is he uploaded it to social media.

+1
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
cyclemad

Post by cyclemad »

'They just did so because they carry a warrant card and I don't. ''

what a pathetic comment

No doubt one of those who gripe constantly about abuse of powers and process ...fascist state and all that etc yet are the first to call the police then whinge about kids are playing out in the street and causing nuisance....booo hooo...

Thats the problem with this weak minded country...is that some don't like being told what to do despite it being in their best interest....This country seen as an easy target for just about every group of do gooders who know that if they shout the loudest about breaches of THEIR rights / heavy handed police etc / abuse of authority etc the authorities will back down for fear of being name called / accused of being racist / homophobic / ageists / sexist and every bloody other type of 'ist

I would gladly welcome ID cards, random security checks...if it resulted in safer UK streets .....and Im sick of people putting down the uk Police Service.. They are the finest in the world and spite being constantly downtrodden by the Home office and sectors of the populous - They do a fantastic job at keeping this country safe.

So grow a pair
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

cyclemad wrote:'They just did so because they carry a warrant card and I don't. ''

what a pathetic comment

No doubt one of those who gripe constantly about abuse of powers and process ...fascist state and all that etc yet are the first to call the police then whinge about kids are playing out in the street and causing nuisance....booo hooo...

Thats the problem with this weak minded country...is that some don't like being told what to do despite it being in their best interest....This country seen as an easy target for just about every group of do gooders who know that if they shout the loudest about breaches of THEIR rights / heavy handed police etc / abuse of authority etc the authorities will back down for fear of being name called / accused of being racist / homophobic / ageists / sexist and every bloody other type of 'ist

I would gladly welcome ID cards, random security checks...if it resulted in safer UK streets .....and Im sick of people putting down the uk Police Service.. They are the finest in the world and spite being constantly downtrodden by the Home office and sectors of the populous - They do a fantastic job at keeping this country safe.

So grow a pair

..... and like any other group of human beings, they have a few bad eggs among their number, some of whom abuse their powers. It is important to all of us, including the police themselves, that those few are exposed and held to account. I have lived in countries where abuse of police power is pandemic and its not pleasant (the sound of a 9mm being cocked as you stare down the barrel is not something easily forgotten). Grow a pair? - how quaint.
londoncommuter0000

cyclemad wrote:'They just did so because they carry a warrant card and I don't. ''

what a pathetic comment

So grow a pair

The Daily Mail's over that way, son ------>
--
London is a cesspit