cycle trails.(safe?)

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
john wings

cycle trails.(safe?)

Post by john wings »

i cycle on the camel trail,in cornwall regularly.i summer it is dangerous.i personally have seen five accidents in one year.sometimes ardent time triallers practice their skills;watch out,they wont slow down,get out of their way.they may run into you..ill keep to the main roads thank you;far safer!!!
Marc

Re:cycle trails.(safe?)

Post by Marc »

I suggest being a little constructive in your response to these unwanted happenings, in that you could discuss with whom ever it is that oversess/stewards or accepts responsibility for the path. They most certainly will not want to hear that their facility is causing these events with the potential for a very serious outcome.

Also there is power in numbers who show appropriate disapproval, are you suggesting some of these characters are doing it so frequently as to be identifiable? Perhaps if they are encouraged for their own safety that they have to slow then you might talk to them, the fact that you are not balone could prevent any potentail for a hostile response.

Good luck and results

Marc
drossall

Re:cycle trails.(safe?)

Post by drossall »

I rode on some of the Derbyshire trails this summer (Tissington, High Peak, Manifold Valley). The latter in particular is very popular, very narrow and very crowded. Some riding discipline is needed. The hire shop owner mentioned that there had been several accidents and we had another.

I did feel that the old single-track railways in particular could become victims of their own success.