Your best ride of 2018?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
foxyrider

Re: Your best ride of 2018?

Post by foxyrider »

Mick F wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
Yes, it does get a bit boring looking at bikes leaning against the railings, Unless it’s your own a bike :)
We could start a new thread with the contributors posting photographs of their bikes leaning against railings. :lol:

How about leaning against walls? We don't have so many railings in these parts! :lol:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
MattH

Post by MattH »

Probably LEJOG in September. Although C2C Whitehaven to Tynemouth in October was quite eventful. A forecast of 60MPH southerly winds after I'd paid for most of the accommodation meant cycling in almost comedy weather conditions. Being pushed up fairly steep ascents by the gusts and featuring a few of my slowest days so far on the bike. I quite like the challenging days, it makes all the other days on cycle tours seem a lot easier.
hayers

Post by hayers »

Two candidates:
Random day off work, turned out to be first really warm sunny day in march/april, went over the severn bridge to Tintern, then across forest of dean to Gloucester and back down the severn on ncn41. Great day all round, but blown away by stunning views decending from littledean to minsterworth.

One sunny afternoon in the spring about a mile on quiet lane first ride with my eldest riding independently - by august she managed 8 miles.

Multiple picture of bike(s) leaning on picturesque fences from both!