Best thing found this year

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
nick12

Re: Best thing found this year

Post by nick12 »

I think you will find that the cannisters were actually laughing gas used by the yoof to get high..
One of my favourite finds is Mc D cups with stickers for free coffee. Up to date I've had over£300 of free coffee.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

nick12 wrote:I think you will find that the cannisters were actually laughing gas used by the yoof to get high..
One of my favourite finds is Mc D cups with stickers for free coffee. Up to date I've had over£300 of free coffee.

That stuff is hardly "coffee". A brown liquid, perhaps but coffee.....?

There is no such thing as a free coffee (unless you come to wore hoose for one, which is proper stuff in a nice reusable coffee cup). Those MacFudders do, however, get free permission to dump their toxic waste in the landfills and oceans. And the hedge bottoms, from which I have collected thousands (only to send on to the landfill, mind).

When you get your free "coffee" that's the landfill fodder multiplying from one to two lumps of toxic waste.

Cugel, who'd ban 'em.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cugel wrote:
nick12 wrote:I think you will find that the cannisters were actually laughing gas used by the yoof to get high..

Of the commercial 'coffees' from the chains, I think it's about the best tbh, in a runoff with Neros.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Best thing found this year (whilst out cycling) .....

as always......

Peace of mind!

(Can we start a thread for worst things found?) :shock:
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

The utility cyclist wrote:. The throwing away habits of far too many people are disgusting. :twisted:

But to be fair, it is a lengthy 500m drive to the recycling station :roll:

Not helped by the fact that my local authority has banned pedestrians and cyclists using the recycling station (Nb. Obviously I ignore that, though I've yet to see another)
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

nick12 wrote:
I think you will find that the cannisters were actually laughing gas used by the yoof to get high..

There is no such thing as a free coffee (unless you come to wore hoose for one, which is proper stuff in a nice reusable coffee cup). Those MacFudders do, however, get free permission to dump their toxic waste in the landfills and oceans. And the hedge bottoms, from which I have collected thousands (only to send on to the landfill, mind).

When you get your free "coffee" that's the landfill fodder multiplying from one to two lumps of toxic waste.

Cugel, who'd ban 'em.

I was once offered my 'free' coffee at Caffé Nero. I pointed out that far from being free it had cost me about £22 since I had purchased 10 others first,

I dread to think what £300 worth of 'free' coffee must have cost.£3000?
John
nick12

Post by nick12 »

Its definitely not the best coffee at Mc D I believe they use robusta and not arabica beans which are usually for instant coffee but I may be wrong. Its a drink on a shopping trip that costs nowt . Its a shame that Mc D don't get charged by the council for the waste that they create and there clientele chuck out of their cars. Another thing I've noticed is the amount of strongbow cider tins by the roadside it appears to be the most popular can that I see . I wonder if they wash the burger down with a tinnie?
Patrickpioneer

Post by Patrickpioneer »

PDQ Mobile wrote:Best thing found this year (whilst out cycling) .....

as always......

Peace of mind!

(Can we start a thread for worst things found?) :shock:

Peace of mind, yes that's brilliant I should have thought of that one.
Pat
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

nick12 wrote:Its definitely not the best coffee at Mc D I believe they use robusta and not arabica beans which are usually for instant coffee but I may be wrong. Its a drink on a shopping trip that costs nowt . Its a shame that Mc D don't get charged by the council for the waste that they create and there clientele chuck out of their cars. Another thing I've noticed is the amount of strongbow cider tins by the roadside it appears to be the most popular can that I see . I wonder if they wash the burger down with a tinnie?

A quick Google gave me the following from McDonald's UK FAQs:

Can I purchase McDonald's coffee beans to use at home?
McDonald's coffee is blended and roasted to a specific McDonald's specification (using 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified Arabica Beans), and is therefore only available in McDonald's restaurants.

So we'll have to find something else to sneer at McDonald's about, I guess :wink:
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

I found a pair of SuperDry sunglasses a few weeks back. Now I can look trendy! 8)
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

pedalsheep wrote:I found a pair of SuperDry sunglasses a few weeks back. Now I can look trendy! 8)

Well you could have done a year or two ago. The market's rumbled them, it's clear*! :lol:

*Take a look at their share price vs a year ago :shock:
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Bonefishblues wrote:
pedalsheep wrote:I found a pair of SuperDry sunglasses a few weeks back. Now I can look trendy! 8)

Well you could have done a year or two ago. The market's rumbled them, it's clear*! :lol:

So much for that then! I should have known that trendy and I are terminally incompatible!
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

pedalsheep wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:

So much for that then! I should have known that trendy and I are terminally incompatible!

Sorry :(

Stick to your unique and dare I say classic style, then you're never out of fashion :D
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

The best thing is the sheer variety of wildlife. In the last few days we've seen a Barn Owl in flight, Red Kites circling overhead, a Buzzard sitting on a fence post, a Kestrel hovering above the grass verge.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

[quote="Oldjohnw"

I was once offered my 'free' coffee at Caffé Nero. I pointed out that far from being free it had cost me about £22 since I had purchased 10 others first [/quote]

My approach too. Another 1600 pints of milk from Sainsburys and I'll get my first "free" nectar voucher