#Festive500

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
eileithyia

Re: #Festive500

Post by eileithyia »

S2L wrote:I thought the email was the prelude to a swift delivery, but after nearly 2 weeks I haven't received anything yet :(

Likewise...
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

It's arrived!
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
S2L

Post by S2L »

eileithyia wrote:It's arrived!

Arrived here too... so tiny... :lol:
PH

Post by PH »

Mine too, despite no email...
A bit smaller than previous years and also without any other stuff, in the past there's been beer mat, postcard, booklet, presentation envelope, poem...
I put it down to the cost rising with the popularity, I can see it becoming a virtual badge before long, I like the physical one, not really sure why as I don't do anything with it other than stick it in the draw with the others.
S2L

Post by S2L »

PH wrote: I like the physical one, not really sure why as I don't do anything with it other than stick it in the draw with the others.

virtual achievements are not very satisfactory...It's the same reason an olympian likes a physical medal...just on a parochial scale
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

PH wrote:Mine too, despite no email...
A bit smaller than previous years and also without any other stuff, in the past there's been beer mat, postcard, booklet, presentation envelope, poem...
I put it down to the cost rising with the popularity, I can see it becoming a virtual badge before long, I like the physical one, not really sure why as I don't do anything with it other than stick it in the draw with the others.

I have never had any of those extras... only the badge, extras have been paid for, 2 years ago the whole family completed it so we treated ourselves to the cycling tops.. I liked that design, deep midnight blue with a star design. Did not bother last year but this year treated myself to the T-shirt.
PH

Post by PH »

eileithyia wrote:

I have never had any of those extras... only the badge

Maybe I bigged it up to much, none of them have been huge things, just a bit more of a presentation. The dark blue one for instance came attached to a postcard type presentation, with a picture on the front and a congratulations message on the back, the first couple of years I did it there was also a discount code, this year just the badge, no note, no nothing. I also note, the last one with the date on it is 2015.
I'm not complaining, it was as much an observation about it's increased popularity.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

PH wrote:
eileithyia wrote:

I have never had any of those extras... only the badge

Maybe I bigged it up to much, none of them have been huge things, just a bit more of a presentation. The dark blue one for instance came attached to a postcard type presentation, with a picture on the front and a congratulations message on the back, the first couple of years I did it there was also a discount code, this year just the badge, no note, no nothing. I also note, the last one with the date on it is 2015.
I'm not complaining, it was as much an observation about it's increased popularity.

:lol: :lol: